This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Scottish leagues predictor (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: Scottish leagues predictor
mike toreno
Member # 1509

- posted      Profile for mike toreno     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck me! Queens Park have beaten Aberdeen on pens.

In the meantime we scraped passed Queen of the South 2-1 in extra-time, thanks once again to young Master Naismith.

[ 22.08.2006, 23:07: Message edited by: Mike Toreno Mk II ]

Posts: 513 | From: a gosh-forsaken heckhole | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dink
Member # 872

- posted      Profile for Dink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alloa 2 - 1 Ross County

Another great result and performance from the Wasps. When your centre half gets himself sent off, conceding a penalty against a full time team from the division above you after 15 minutes you probably have a right to expect that the game is effectively over. Thankfully Allan Creer pulled off a fantastic double save and we then went on to dominate the next 55 minutes or so scoring two rather good goals in the process, and conceding one and having a comedy penalty miss.

Our players visibly ran out of steam in the last twenty minutes but through a combination of luck, good goalkeping and desperate defending we held on to go through to the next round.

If I don't watch out I am going to start getting optimistic about winning games again and then the inevitable defeats that follow will be all too hard to take.

Posts: 299 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smokin Joe Harper
Member # 473

- posted      Profile for Smokin Joe Harper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Aberdeen might have to give two years notice of intent to quit the Scottish Football League. If we carry on in this vein (we were atrocious at the weekend also) then we could find ourselves in deep shit.

Jimmy Calderwood is very angry apparently, unfortunately his redness of face has no effect on the players, who think he's just spent too long on the sunbed.

Am I right in thinking that Queens Park are still an amatuer side?

Posts: 865 | From: Forty yards out, in the Parc des Princes, rifled into the top corner | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blameless
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for blameless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aye, Queen's Park are indeed still amateur. Think they might have discovered a good crop of players this year tho - they've started division 3 well, and knocked both Hamilton Accies and Aberdeen out of the league cup.

I was wrong in my prediction of M'well-Jags being the upset of the round, but fucking hell we were so close to winning at Fir Park - denied a clear penalty at 2-2, and then letting in a goal in the last minute. Bollocks.

Posts: 3576 | From: a factually and morally wrong perspective | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike toreno
Member # 1509

- posted      Profile for mike toreno     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Joe, they still are and that's 5 wins in a row now.

[ 23.08.2006, 14:43: Message edited by: Mike Toreno Mk II ]

Posts: 513 | From: a gosh-forsaken heckhole | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently St Johnstone scored four extra-time goals in their tie last night. Has anyone ever scored more?
Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And Queen's Park surely have the funkiest playing strip in the world.
Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike toreno
Member # 1509

Killie 2 - Rangers 2

About fucking time. The last time we took anything off the Old Firm was January 31st 2002, which was also 2-2 against Rangers with our equaliser coming from a last minute pen.

We weren't very good in the first half, constantly giving the ball away, but should have had at least 2, if not 3, penalties (the actual penalty we did get at the end was probably the weakest claim of the lot). The changes made at half-time were excellent with Wales and in particular Fernandez posing plenty of problems. I thought we'd blown it when Invincibile headed over from 5 yards but fortunately Rangers best chances fell to Prso, Smith was brilliant in goal and this team has tons of bottle. That's 4 times in 6 games we've come from behind to take something.

I've been told Kris Boyd's post-match interview was hilarious. He's not the most articulate of chaps at the best of times but it seems he was so gutted (Ha-Ha!) that he could barely string 2 syllables together.

Naismith's going down to Arsenal for a couple of days to have a chat with Arsene Wenger but I still think he'll be playing against Dunfermline in a couple of weeks.

Nil a fhios agam
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Nil a fhios agam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after all my bluster of watching a real blood and thunder Scottish match I plumped for the comfort of a sports bar in Stirling to watch Liverpool. The Rupert Murdoch experience was made all the more complete by listening to Sun-swallowing cockney racists slagging off the South Africa and New Zealand supporters in the next room watching the rugby. Champion.

[edit: spelling]

[ 28.08.2006, 09:34: Message edited by: Nil a fhios agam ]

Posts: 921 | From: Fair City | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dink
Member # 872

- posted      Profile for Dink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You actually missed a decent game, unless you were an Alloa fan.

Alloa 1 - 2 Stirling Albion

We were tired from our midweek exertions against Ross County, yeah that was it tired and the X Factor was on TV later on and all the Alloa players were distracted by trying to remember if they had set their videos to record it.

We started off the game really well scoring from our first attack. Graeme Brown wriggled past two challenges out on the wing and squared a lovely ball for Robbie Sloan to sclaff back across Myles Hogarth and into the net. Woo-hoo a dream start in the local derby - easy, easy! It's just a bit of a shame we didn't put another attack of note together for the next 70 minutes.

Kieran McAnespie was injured for the match so Steven McKeown was moved from right back to a place in centre midfield alongside John Grant and Brian McColligan. Unfortunately McKeown and McColligan looked far too similar in style and we didn't have a central midfielder breaking forward to support Graeme Brown who was playing as a lone striker.

As our midfield struggled to gel Stirling played some nice football in the centre of the park and pretty much controlled the game for the first 70 minutes eventually getting their reward with a back post tap in as our defence got pushing out from a corner hopelessly wrong and a very good goal following on from a good one touch passing move.

We got a chance to get back into the game after Stirling's left back picked up a second booking, although it would have been nice if the referee hadn't needed me shouting like a lunatic and eventually the linesman having a word to realise that two yellow cards for one player generally result in a player being sent off.

We set up camp around Stirling's goal for the final 20 minutes and although Robbie Sloan hit the bar and Myles Hogarth saved superbly from Michael Hazeldine it would have been an absolute steal if we had equalised.

Oh well, only Morton next.

Posts: 299 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Fuzzy Dunlop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dundee 0 Franchise 1

After last week's 3 goal thriller, normal depressing service is resumed...

What a fuckin awful turgid display of utterly non-football this was. I'm undecided if it was a good or a bad advert for the SPL2. Both teams were rank rotten with barely an effort worth the name between them. Franchise won it on a deflected goal. That's it. Nothing else of any merit took place.

Posts: 564 | From: a vulture distracted by donkeys. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dink
Member # 872

As a reward for our giant killing act against Ross County we have been drawn at home to Hearts in the next round of the CIS cup. Should be good fun as I have several Jambo mates, although I may be barred from my local if we somehow manage to win.
mike toreno
Member # 1509

We've got Franchise at home. 3 wins against them last season, 9 goals for, 1 against, as good as a bye surely...

One bad omen, if the game's on the 19th I'll be on holiday and the last time we had a league cup tie when I was out of the country we got dumped out on pens by Airdrie.

Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

Raith 1 Cowdenbeath 3

Jesus, what an awful performance. That for much of the second half our best player was someone named Trialist tells you everything you need to know. We couldn't tackle, couldn't pass the ball, couldn't shoot straight, and had no idea how to defend.

It's going to be a long season. Or maybe should that be a short one.

Dink
Member # 872

Ross County 2 - 1 Alloa (aet)

Challenge Cup

I didn't make it up to Dingwall last night (last couple of days before payday and my flexi-time is so deeply in debit it makes my bank account look healthy) but by all accounts we put in a pretty good performance. We lost the game thanks to a 120th minute penalty the award of which the Alloa fans who were there are calling a joke whilst the County fans are calling it a stonewaller. From my position in front of my TV playing PES5 I can assure you all it was a disgraceful decision and the referee should be struck off.

[ 30.08.2006, 13:12: Message edited by: Dink ]

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC