This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Walesathon is dead to me now. (Page 129)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129   
Author Topic: The Walesathon is dead to me now.
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lewis Price to start in goals with Boaz Myhill to come on in the second half apparently.

Expect first caps for Ashley Williams and a substitute appearance for Owain Tudur Jones too

Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's an interesting situation, this. Toshack alienates all the old pros because he's a man-management disaster, so they announce their international retirements. By default, he has to look to the youth. Meanwhile, the U21 team starts doing really well, and Toshack gets to look as though he has a long-term masterplan which is coming to fruition. I'm not sure that he deserves it.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet
Member # 6498

- posted      Profile for Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Tosh's system was always there to nurture the youth, Rhino.

Surprised to see Price starting in Goal, thought Myhill would get the ultimate nod.

Posts: 714 | From: Anglesey, North Wales | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I interviewed Brian Flynn on Monday I asked him what he thought was responsible for this sudden relative success at junior level - remember the U17s reached the final qualifying round for the firat time ever last week too - and he said that the architect of the success was John Toshack.

"John Toshack has put the systems in place and helped nurture these players so much so that we don't feel that we have a senior squad and an under21 squad ... we are a Wales squad."

interesting.

Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC