This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Walesathon is dead to me now. (Page 35)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: The Walesathon is dead to me now.
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Czech Rep game was in Liberec. Capacity of Slovan Liberec's ground, ~9,500. So a full house.
Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefan
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for stefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rick, Sweden v Spain was sold out along time ago.
Confirmed. I tried to get tickets at least two months in advance. Having said that, would we fill a 70,000 stadium regularly? Doubt it. The projected new stadium will hold 50,000, first new 20,000+ stadium built in this country since 1958

[ 10.10.2006, 13:39: Message edited by: stefan ]

Posts: 1181 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PR7th Heaven
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for PR7th Heaven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Jordan wasn't a donkey -- as far as I'm aware he is the only British player to score in three World Cups.
I find it hard to believe that the David Beckham marketing machine has not drawn your attention to his matching this meaningful feat.

(grammer)

[ 10.10.2006, 13:49: Message edited by: PR7th Heaven ]

Posts: 906 | From: The other end of Stretford | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stefan, is that going to be built over the Rosunda in Solna?
I have been past that stadium a couple of times and one of the stands looks like an office block.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is an office block
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefan
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for stefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, a mile closer to the station. I beleive the old stadium will be torn down as part of financing the new one.

The southwest corner of Råsunda is an office block, which was built in the 80's together with the new west stand, the so-called "neck-tie" stand, complete with restaurant and corporate boxes.

Hmm, is this the first World Cup final venue that will disappear completely?

Posts: 1181 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Sweden or in general? White City, used in '66, bit the dust years ago.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefan
Member # 157

No, I meant the venue of the actual final
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, well, Wembley's gone...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefan
Member # 157

Yes, but the venue will still be used, won't it?
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wembley?
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefan
Member # 157

Yes. They are building a new stadium on top if the ruins of the old one aren't they? Now whether it will be finished before the Sagrada Familia is another matter
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

Opinions after yeterday's press conferences reckon Tosh will keep Jones between the sticks today
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't be surprised if the only change he makes to Saturday's team is Parry>Earnshaw, sticking with the same formation, and the same team that started the second-half.
Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mind you, the Western Mail think otherwise:

quote:
Axe set to fall to make Wales winners
Oct 11 2006

Western Mail

JOHN TOSHACK is set to wield the axe for tonight's must-win Euro 2008 qualifier against Cyprus in his bid to find the right formula for Wales following their Slovakian horror show.

Veteran goalkeeper Paul Jones and striker Rob Earnshaw are poised to become the fall guys from that 5-1 Millennium Stadium hammering by losing their places in tonight's starting line-up.

Rob Edwards, who looked out of his depth on Saturday, is also likely to be missing after complaining of hamstring trouble in training yesterday.

Toshack, it appears, is set to turn to rookie Ipswich goalkeeper Lewis Price, in-form young Cardiff City star Joe Ledley and is considering handing former Wrexham defender Craig Morgan his debut.

The Wales boss may also be ready to give Jason Koumas a free role just behind skipper Craig Bellamy, who, in the absence of anyone else, may be picked as Wales' only striker as part of the Toshack shake-up.

Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC