This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Walesathon is dead to me now. (Page 66)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: The Walesathon is dead to me now.
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harry- I stand corrected if Michael Hughes didn't land a punch on Robbie Savage in Cardiff in 2004. Did I imagine that RS went down twice?

Sanchez's treatment of McCartney was sensible- basically, if you don't want to play- albeit only while I'm in charge- fuck off. Results justify. We used to be shite, now we're all right.

Anyway, good luck against the Pilseners.

[ 31.05.2007, 19:37: Message edited by: Duncan Gardner again ]

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan,

I recall Savage did go down a second time after the tackle, possibly clutching his face, but it was because he is a great big play-acting tart rather than from any pugilism from Hughes ( I remember being really surprised by that tackle. I had not noticed a violent side to his game before but it was a really nasty potential career-ending dive-in fully deserving of a red which seemed worse from a player who had spent a lot of of time injured himself).

Fausto, I've sussed your game. You don't believe anything you're writing but are just indulging me in a game of Russian roulette until one of us gets the thousandth post.

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It shall be mine, oh yes it shall be mine.
Btw it took you about 80 posts to spot it. I agree with everything you said, especially the bit about Robert Savage esq. being the Welsh Enzo Scifo.

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzo
Member # 1592

- posted      Profile for Gonzo         Edit/Delete Post 
On a tangent, the disinformation re. N.Lennon has resurfaced;he(wrongly IMO) always said he was proud to play for the North, so credit n that respect.
A pity that a few myopic people can't see beyond his 'heritage', though of course, most people in Lurgan support a real-ish country.

Posts: 2962 | From: The Pale, Erin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
he supports 'the south' now though. I saw him going in to croke park for the irealnd wales game a few weeks ago. Or maybe he wanted to see with his own eyes ryan giggs playing for wales
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is no basis for this but I actually have a feeling we could get a freak result tomorrow, almost just because we are due one.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we could get a draw.
I'm going to cycle to Cardiff tomorrow. A few of my mates have promised they'll take a change of clothes in the car. If not, I'll be the plum in the lycra Kazakhstan kit.

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even GBA/THB (or whatever other designer drug he is calling himself at the moment) seems to possibly coming round to agreeing with me, unless that was just post-traumatic stress after Saturday's shitstorm.

I've been away all week - thankfully - but yes, I'm erring towards the Tosh Out brigade.

Having said that, I agree with almost everything Ptang has said re. Savage and Thatcher and also that I can see what Tosh is ... no, make that was ... trying to do with the youngsters.

I can't fathom his decision to leave out Oster and after Saturday's shambles, I couldn't see any tactics whatsoever ...

... we'll see what happens today.

Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have the inscriptions under the badge indentifying the game always been in Welsh? Or is that someone at the WFA having Kappa make a statement?

ever since they started having the match details on the shirt (which is quite recent in any case) they've been in Welsh

Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

How patriotic to do this on the day of the match. What a great guy Robbie is.
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

He's a cunt but he's right.
anti hero
Member # 499

- posted      Profile for anti hero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robbie's just pissed off cos Toshack ended his Wales career, that and the fact that, yes, he's a cunt.

Toshack has failed though, if he was in the position of 'Media Expert' as he has been in the past he'd be calling for his own head on a platter. Wales are worse now than they ever have been. complete cack...

Posts: 154 | From: Wales | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Savage is continually screaming about how he's never been given his proper due.

He should be down on his knees thanking god that he hasn't.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti hero
Member # 499

- posted      Profile for anti hero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the problem (for Wales) is that he's one of their better central midfielders. compare him to Carl Robinson, for example...
Posts: 154 | From: Wales | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The punch that never was:

-

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC