This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Who wants a fanzine then? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who wants a fanzine then?
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They were selling something called The Menace at Raith Rovers on Saturday. A real throwback to the 1990s it was, and crap, too.

I bought one for the sake of nostalgia.

Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have one, it's really "edgy" and "alternative". Or just a bit boring, as it goes. But it brings in a few quid, which paid for our wonderful new mascot, for example.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smallweed
Member # 1692

- posted      Profile for smallweed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does what?

Surely to qualify as a fanzine it has to be independent of the club? Otherwise it's the club magazine.

Posts: 1606 | From: John McGlynn's bouncy army | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spurs have 2 or 3 (or maybe that's now one)

One of them seemed to have stopped at the end of last season.

The 2 I used to pick up were My Eyes Have Seen The Glory and Cock A Doodle Doo

Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is independent, but the money they raise goes into specific projects they choose at the club. So they say "we've got a couple of grand here, and we want the club to have a mascot", for example.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leeds have one -the squareball - only a quid, good read - but then I would say that, they print my stuff sometimes ha ha ha
Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought one at Birmingham the other week. Vile, xenophobic shit.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuts 'n Gum
Member # 1397

- posted      Profile for Nuts 'n Gum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how was the fanzine?
Posts: 1220 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a Fulham one being sold in a shop in Putney yesterday. Can't remember what it was called, though.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

There's only one F in Fulham, is that still going?
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that might have been it actually.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axel
Member # 724

- posted      Profile for axel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'City Gent' is quite good. Sometimes informative, occasionally funny, but always enthusiastic.

Although i've met some of the regular contributors in the club bar, and they can be a bit strange. Harmless, but strange.

Posts: 923 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you reckon to Boy From Brazil axel?

It's a well-crafted website (hideous colour scheme apart) and is updated pretty regularly.

The writing seems very immature though.

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King On The Rye
Member # 978

- posted      Profile for King On The Rye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the 100th Only One F In Fulham came out this weekend.

I didn't buy it. It's a bit dull these days. Badly written match reports of games I've been to anyway.

Posts: 1161 | From: Peckham | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

Match reports eh? What's the point?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC