This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Good Vibrations at the Reebok (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Good Vibrations at the Reebok
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A stopped clock is right twice a day, and that.

He might have saved it had he nto dived, but that doesn't mean diving was an error, just that he was unlucky, because the shot was deflected. He was, as he should be, more concerned with protecting the goal than avoiding blame. And it didn't work out for him.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh stop whining, all of you. Reina is playing like a sick dog at the moment. If this hadn't happened, he would have just punched a corner into his own net later on, or something.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But he dived away from where the ball was going.

Why try to cover some theorectically possible deflection when he could've stayed where he was and made the save?

IMHO it was an error of judgement which ultimately resulted in the goal.

Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, exactly wrong. He dived where the ball was headed. It was deflected to where he'd been standing.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reina goof up!

Please explain how and when the ball is ever going where Reina ends up (please show your working).

Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Are you blind or something? It's initially bound for about four or five feet to his left. He moves four or five feet from his left, it takes a deflection, and ends up about two feet to the right of where he had been standing, ie about six feet to his right.
tratorello
Member # 604

I must be blind or something because I can't actually see a deflection (I've watched it about a dozen times now and I can see plenty of players attempting to block/deflect it but I can't actually pick out a deflection), and surely if Reina can then he must have X-ray vision because there are at least two players in his way.

Anyway...I'd have saved it (Rafa get in touch) and that's my final word(s) on the matter.

TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a dumbass interpretation, if that's what it is. Entirely unecessary and simply there to catch people out, for no good reason.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not entirely sure there was a deflection there, either. It seems to fly under the Liverpool player who flings himself to the floor.

The second replay certainly suggests it might have gone straight in.

Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm basing that purely on a youtube video, though, having missed the highlights last night.
Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it glanced off the side of hyypia's shin.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Kettle is correct insofar as the keeper is deemed incontrol of the ball from it leaving his hand to him kicking it."

Thank you.

"1. reina did know the rules, the linesman responded to the crowd's appeal and smallweed has established that kettle and statto are making shit up."

If it's shit, which I still maintain it isn't, and that smallweed still hasn't established that I am "makinjg this shit up", I've obviously been lied to by a number of referees. Which is a very strange thing to happen.

Why would I want to make this shit up? FFS.

Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Smallweed has established that it isn't actually in the rules, rather in some sort of bizarre Mornington Crescent-style official-but-non-binding Q&A addendum to them.

In other words, made-up shit.

How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm a liar?
Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you are big sam and i claim my 5

no seriously, i don't think you're a liar, i just think you got it wrong.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC