This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Good Vibrations at the Reebok (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Good Vibrations at the Reebok
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So why claim I've "made shit up"?

And what of the referees and FA representative? Do you think they have got their rules wrong? Their rules?

You may think that this interpretation of this particular rule is wrong. I might not completely agree with it, but I, and my players, must adhere to it. As I've said, the Laws need to be written more clearly to rid the game of any grey areas, such as this. And, in the meantime, must accept that free kicks are going to be given for such incidents.

Or should I just come to OTF, rather than the FA, for all my information on the Laws of the Game?

Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
chill out, K. i'll retract my statement that you (and statto) "made shit up" and replace it with "fucked up" if that suits you better.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What exactly have I made up in this case, by the way?
Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't see that free kick hit hyypia at all. He moves towards it but he's too slow to make contact, and even if he does make contact with it, the ball is still flying into that corner anyway.

anyway, I keep reading on here how utterly amazing liverpool are, and how much better than man utd they are, and how much stronger they are in all areas of the pitch, and how much better at defending they are, and how much cleverer rafa benitez is, etc, etc, but I can't help but thinking, apart from that hilarious dive by stevie g against sheffield united. Have liverpool managed another away goal, or point?

[ 02.10.2006, 19:46: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know we haven't managed a home defeat to a team of budgie hearts.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so that is a no then?
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

i dunno i'm too lazy to look it up. but if you look at the fixture lists you'll see why i'm confident the run has to end soon.
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Giles and Eamon Dunphy were talking on RTE after the Benfica-Man United game about how United were heading in the wrong direction, carrying too many average players, flattering to deceive at the top of the table and hadn't beaten anyone decent, etc etc.

This was all demonstrably true, of course. But then they began going on about how Liverpool were a different kettle of fish altogether -- Benitez had the right idea, he was implementing good strategies, the team was going places fast, they were the real deal, the coming men of the Premiership.

I thought this was bollocks at the time, and the Galatasaray performance and Bolton result have confirmed it. Liverpool's team selection is even more haphazard than Man Utd's, and that's a lot of haphazardness. Benitez doesn't have a proper plan -- he's just throwing a totally different starting eleven out there each week and hoping for the best.

Liverpool have enough good players (particularly in midfield) to ensure that they will always win a certain amount of games in the Premier League no matter how many changes are made to the personnel, but Benitez clearly doesn't have much confidence in most of them, otherwise he wouldn't be dropping four or five people every week. He even discarded Sissoko, the team's best player so far this season, for the Galatasaray game and left him sitting there for 78 minutes while the Turks were walking through the midfield.

They might beat Man Utd in three weeks but it'll hardly prove anything. Both teams are incredibly ordinary.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"chill out, K. i'll retract my statement that you (and statto) "made shit up" and replace it with "fucked up" if that suits you better."

And what have I "fucked up"? I've gone from recent experience of referees, found the wording in the FA's Laws that explains it, and explained why Halliday would have probably flagged. Fair enough, I've taken the words out of the context that they were originally featured, but the words are still there, and the interpretation of them to give the free kick is, in my view, understandable. Going from the wording and from the interpretations given by the Football Association representatives I've encountered.

Not made anything up, not fucked anything up.

Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

you did wrong to believe the word of those FA reps, they clearly didn't know their arse from their elbow.

future rule of thumb: if there's no hand on the ball, it's not hand ball.

How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

And I should believe you over FA reps because?
smallweed
Member # 1692

- posted      Profile for smallweed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kettle - you may be right that FA reps have told you that's the interpretation by which they adhere.

You were mistaken in the way you expressed yourself earlier in the thread: firstly, to claim that it's in the Laws; and secondly to claim, even insofar as there is something about it in a further publication, that it says explicitly what you claimed for it. "The releasing of the ball from his hands and the kicking of the ball is considered to be a single action" does not automatically imply - "and therefore is deemed to be handling it even when he actually isn't".

Posts: 1606 | From: John McGlynn's bouncy army | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joey wilson
Member # 1472

- posted      Profile for joey wilson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Page 20 of 43 in the Rules:
quote:
Decision 2
The goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball by touching
it with any part of his hand or arms. Possession of the ball includes
the goalkeeper deliberately parrying the ball, but does not include the
circumstances where, in the opinion of the referee, the ball rebounds
accidentally from the goalkeeper, for example after he has made a
save.

Does this not cover it?
Posts: 185 | From: the college field | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the difference between a deliberate parry and a rebound from a save?
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
why would the ball rebound accidentally from the keeper after he's made a save?
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC