This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Nico Anelka

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nico Anelka
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little interview with Anelka in l'Equipe today during which he mentioned the challenge of adapting to Boltons game. The paper expressed surprise that a player who has spent time at Arsenal Liverpool and Manchester City should have a problem adapting to English football, Nico explained it by saying that there is English football and then there is Bolton football.

Anyway he's looking forward to the transfer window and possiblility of new arrivals. Dhorasoo, the recently fired by PSG and ex international was mentioned.

[ 15.11.2006, 14:19: Message edited by: loose_cannon ]

Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nico always looks forward to the transfer window.

Can't say I am sorry to see him struggling.

Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dhorasoo's Sex, Lies and Videotape approach to training and team talks would go down a treat with Big Sam, I'm sure.

Cue his brothers leaking "Barca looking at Nic" stories . . .

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dhorasoo is too weak to last in the premiership.
Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or the SPL.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i thought dhorasoo was well past his best anyway.

i didn't realise anelka was struggling at bolton, whenever i've seen him he's been good.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is somewhat hard to locate Dhorasoo's "best", which has elements of les neiges d'antan, and he is certainly too lightweight for any British league, but I have to think that his video escapades would be enough by themselves for Allardyce to ban anyone even thinking about him.

This sounds like typical Nic, "reaching out to a brother in trouble with the Man" (i.e., Domenech).

My money is on Greece or Qatar as their next destination, should they decide to take the brothers in arms thing any further.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the story about Dhorasoo?
Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Briefly. Dhorasoo was a member of the French World Cup squad, but barely got on the pitch (if at all). He arrived at camp with a video camera, and spent most of it with his eye to the viewfinder, filming teamtalks, training and the usual horsing around "for himself".

He then put together an edited version of "highlights" (including a great shot of his feet intended to evoke his depression on not being selected) and sold it to one of the French tv stations. Even though there were no "bombshells", Domenech and his teammates went ballistic and he was dropped from Les Bleus tout de suite.

He then got into a blazing row with Lacombe over not being picked for PSG, refused to show up for training or reserve matches, and eventually became the first French player in the modern era to be "fired" by his club for refusing to perform.

He has always been a bit of an oddball, but has really stepped it up in that category over the last six months or so.

Given Sam's Panorama experience, I would actually love to see Dhorasoo trying to bring his little video camera into the dressing room.

and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
didn't theo walcott spend the world cup with his eyes pressed to a video camera too?
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC