This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The worst English teams to support.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The worst English teams to support....
RobW
Member # 1522

- posted      Profile for RobW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought we'd be higher.

27. Lincoln City
League Two
If the play-offs were designed to fray the nerves of football fans, Lincoln City followers will have seen their nerves totally disintegrate over the past four seasons. Each time, the Imps have made it through to the post-season party, only for their promotion hopes to disappear faster than a Premiership manager at Panorama's Christmas party. Twice they were beaten in the semi-finals, but twice they made it to the Millennium Stadium, only to lose to Bournemouth and Southend. Anyone want to take bets on Lincoln's luck changing this season?

Fucking Boston?! That's absurd, the cheating bastards! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1196 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr smith
Member # 1345

- posted      Profile for mr smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah Nishlord. A perfect example of a balanced County fan, ie a red & white chip on each shoulder. And you know what really annoys County fans ? That fact that most Forest fans never have, and never will, see our beloved neighbours as our local rivals. In fact we love County and we are geniunly pleased when they are doing well.
Posts: 228 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr smith
Member # 1345

- posted      Profile for mr smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aplogies Nishlord I did not realise you were a Forest fan. I have now smacked myself around the head.
Posts: 228 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oadlad
Member # 1613

- posted      Profile for Oadlad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know where my team is in the agony list but it is surely about expectations.
Leicester City have spent most seasons in the 'top flight' since the war but seemingly can't stay there but then we get promoted again and it all goes through the same process.
So are we a top flight team who keep fouling up or a second tier provincial club who should feel lucky to be at the top boys' table?
This eternal question and its parallel, almost permanent anxiety makes this a tough, if fascinating existance.

Posts: 157 | From: Leicester UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Much though I dislike Boston, I think York Street's a great ground - standing on three sides, seats on two, covered all round. Great away end.
wow, a five sided ground!
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC