This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Mijatovic: David beckham can piss right off if he thinks he's getting another contrac (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Mijatovic: David beckham can piss right off if he thinks he's getting another contrac
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
t.

Mijatovic slipped this little nugget into an interview on italian TV. Now that they've got their new tv contract, they've gotten pissed off with his negotiators, and want him out.

it appears that capello has said that he wants beckham, ronaldo, roberto carlos, salgado and cassano out of there, and maybe then they will improve from their run of 3 defeats out of their last four games.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said on the transfer rumor thread, it's been reported that AEG have offered Beckham a contract for 4 years, $9m per year to play for the Galaxy. I don't know if they'd want to pay a transfer fee, however.

The Galaxy have held off announcing the season ticket prices for next year--everyone assumes in hopes of jacking them high if Beckham comes to L.A.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile Amy winehouse has something to say on the posh spice issue
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha.

On Revisita de La Liga last night, they were interviewing Spanish journalists about Beckham's renegotiations, and how publicly Beckham is saying that it's all about the playing side, but behind the scenes he was pulling for more money and a higher image right percentage. Despite only making nine starts.

One did say that Beckham was trying to drag it out in the hope that the poor form would mean that Capello would go, and that his replacement may want to keep him. But the journalist wondered what sort of player would want to stay at a club that has had six coaches in such a short space of time. Obviously the answer was 'one who lives on reputation rather than form' but the question was posed rhetorically.

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, can you change the thread title to "Newcastle sign Beckham". It will save you doing it come the end of the transfer window.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm sure he'll go to LA - i think he should go there even if madrid were still offering him a new contract.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

now his advisers have come out to say that there is a lot of misunderstanding about mijatovic's comments and that negotiations are still ongoing.
and I am the life
Member # 227

now his advisers have come out to say that there is a lot of misunderstanding about mijatovic's comments and that negotiations are still ongoing.
Max Payne.
Member # 1428

- posted      Profile for Max Payne.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i'm sure he'll go to LA - i think he should go there even if madrid were still offering him a new contract.
He should go as far away as possible.
Posts: 958 | From: Exeter, NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is all about image rights. Becks and his people don't want to renew the current deal in which Real Madrid get half; this makes sense as the image rights are clearly much more valuable than anything he can do as a player.

I would be interested to know how they are handling that issue with AEG and the Galaxy, because the concept of image rights is not well developed at all in the US, in part because the legal framework is different.

And you got the bowdlerized version of Capello's rant. The real news was that he included World Footballer of the Year and Balon d'Or Fabio Cannavaro on the list of guys who needed to shape up or ship out.

Of course, half of the Italian press is convinced that Don Fabio is a dead man walking, and that your favourite Portuguese manager will be at the Bernabeu next season. About a third of them are equally sure that Capello will then replace Jose at the Bridge.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

fuck me. If they think that capello is not in the real madrid tradition, what is going to be the curva sud's reaction when jose fills the team with west african battle giants and starts punting the ball up to the big lad up front.
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The real news was that he included World Footballer of the Year and Balon d'Or Fabio Cannavaro on the list of guys who needed to shape up or ship out.
Any chance of Cannavaro coming to LA instead of Beckham? No? Really?

quote:
I would be interested to know how they are handling that issue with AEG and the Galaxy, because the concept of image rights is not well developed at all in the US, in part because the legal framework is different.
I have no clue, but remember that Beckham already has a business relationship with AEG in his soccer academies, one of which just happens to be based at the Home Depot Center.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that other English fella still at Real, the one who used to score own goals for them?
Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It isn't really my field, but resorting to other deals like that are the first thing that came to my mind when I thought about the issue. It is a way to get him additional revenue, which is what you need to do to make up for the limitations on image rights.

I was also wondering if the league was so hot to get him that they would give him the very unusual deal of him owning the rights to photos of him in the team's jersey, etc. I have a vague recollection of Michael Jordan or someone having had a deal like that at one time, which was why he wasn't included in an otherwise complete series of basketball cards (if it was Jordan).

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

I can't find any mention of cannavaro being on that list. certainly guillame balague or graham hunter didn't mention it.

The question that this really brings up is are real madrid capable of doing anything right?

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC