This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Mijatovic: David beckham can piss right off if he thinks he's getting another contrac (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Mijatovic: David beckham can piss right off if he thinks he's getting another contrac
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have a TV, Nuts?
Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well you wouldn't - the moment she turns sideways she disappears.

Great op for her to reinvent herself as a diet guru.

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will LA be big enough for them? I mean, Barcelona wasn't, was it?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Submission
Member # 1371

- posted      Profile for Nocturnal Submission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
According to 5Live he's just agreed to sign for L.A.

Does this mean we get to see /hear less of his fucking trout of a wife?

Definitely: LA is a very low-profile sort of a place with very little in the way of a media presence.
Posts: 2168 | From: Revelling In The Hole | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paxton Sprout
Member # 2169

- posted      Profile for Paxton Sprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just assumed that his skinny arsed missus had told him they were going to LA. Can't see what football's got to do with it really.

I think the Beckham's and LA are meant for each other. No doubt they'll live in one of those tastelessly large pads that's on the 'star tours' and probably end up dipping their hands in some concrete down Hollywood way.

Posts: 497 | From: where I'm standing behind the goal that was clearly offside | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they had a quote from becks from 2005 about how much he loved LA saying it wouldbe a great place to live, and how he loved singing the american national anthem.

I also love the way this is being trumpeted as a $200 million contract, which works out at only £100,000 a week, which is a fraction of what he is already on. (as there doesn't seem to be a ferernce to his image rights.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also love the way this is being trumpeted as a $200 million contract, which works out at only £100,000 a week, which is a fraction of what he is already on. (as there doesn't seem to be a ferernce to his image rights.

It's blackly hilarious that Beckham's income went through the roof at the same time as he was completely disappearing as a footballer. When Man Utd won the Treble in 98/99, his best ever season, he was on a salary of stg£26,000 a week.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've made a bit of an old fashioned arithmetic error there. he's getting £100 million over five years, which works out at a rather impressive £400,000 a week

how on earth are the LA galaxy going to swing that? and will he really be worth that much when he's 37?

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i can't wait to see whatever shack he moves into turn up on Cribs.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
$250m over 5 years.

Poor bastard.

Did he actually manage a trophy with Real Madrid?

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mudhsuden
Member # 1072

- posted      Profile for Mighty Mudhsuden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sky are saying $250m over five years, so $50m a year, $1m a week. Not bad.
Posts: 2061 | From: Hackensack... is that all you get for your money? | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
how on earth are the LA galaxy going to swing that? and will he really be worth that much when he's 37?
You're all going about this wrong. Read my first post at the top of the page. This isn't about the Galaxy--this is about AEG, which has money to burn. Plus, if the rumors are true, then the league itself and Adidas will also be paying part of Beckham's salary. Up until now, all contracts were through the league, which then assigned players to clubs.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

what the hell is aeg?
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to know the details about the contract (how much actually is his playing salary, how much is from licensing, etc.) but I must admit I'm shocked at the amount of it. The 4yr/$36m contract I mentioned earlier wouldn't have put him as one of the top 100 highest paid athletes in America, but that contract sure will.

I'm really excited, but nauseous at the same time thinking how badly this can turn out.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aiatl, "one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world".
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC