This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Return of the OTF Kickabout (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: The Return of the OTF Kickabout
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am rubbish, fat, lazy, unfit and astonishingly unskilled, and haven't kicked a ball in 6 months. I'm also one of the least committed tacklers you've ever seen and have a shot that earned me the nickname "The Feather". I love playing, count me in (provided I'm free that night, etc).
Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am brilliant. I'll be pulling the strings like an extra tubby Jan Molby.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also: 5th April is bad for me. And my natural position is a sort-of-in-front-of-the-back-four disrupting midfielder, but one who doesn't tackle, so pretty useless.
Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thom
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for thom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BDG - I'm in town for a conference, from late on the Tuesday until the Friday evening. Seeing as I should see my parents and friends at some point, and that the 29th is my birthday, the Wednesday is the only date I can do, and even then I'm probably only 50/50 at the moment. So don't plan around me. If there's nothing else to decide between the Wednesday and some other day then yeah, pick the Wednesday, but my commitment is rather vague at the moment so I wouldn't go moving things around just for me.
Posts: 3135 | From: The heart of Midlothian | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How about Thursday 5th April?
Almost certainly up for that.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hah. Why not. Old fat and shit seems to be the way to go. Count me in. I can't pass, I can't tackle and I can't keep goal, but I've got a foot like a traction engine.
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I might be able to do this, so long as I'm stuck in goal, out of harm's way (my knees are shot to pieces).
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to see there's been a positive response to this idea. I had feared it might just be me playing Wallie against myself.

There is an 8-a-side astro pitch near Russel Square tube station (Coram Fields) that's open until 8 o'clock on weeknights. I'll give them a ring and see if there is any pitches available at, say, 7 o'clock on 5th April?

I know this date isn't convenient for all, but if the evening is a success (no broken limbs/mass-brawls/heart attacks) then it would be good to make it a regular thing, as Hof suggests. Maybe then we could move around to diffent locations, such as a Sunday afternoon on Clapham Common, as Nocturnal has suggested.

I'm really looking forward to this, I haven't played football in ages (as will become immediately obvious to you all).

[ 13.03.2007, 13:36: Message edited by: Big Dave's Gusset ]

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blameless
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for blameless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drat - can't make 5th April, as I'm in Scotland for Easter.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how things go with a view to any future games, mind.

Posts: 3576 | From: a factually and morally wrong perspective | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BDG- do it, dude.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmn, the pitch in Russel Square is booked up until June(!)

There's an indoor one at the University of London, also near Russell Square, but it's only a 5-a-side pitch.

Please could you let me know who is available on Thursday 5th April, so I can get an idea of the size of venue we need (Wembley stadium should have it's safety certificate by then). If there are only 10 or 12 of us, then the indoor venue might be the way to go (especially as I know a student who will get a discount for us if he books it).

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lardinho
Member # 1208

If you're looking in the Russel Square area, aren't there some pitches at Coram's Fields (easy to decamp to the Lamb).
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

Yeah, they are the ones I was thinking of, but they don't have any free slots until June, sadly.
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

I'm available on the 5th.

If we need to go indoor, I can ask the Sobell centre, as I pay them on a quarterly basis for my Sunday morning game.

Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

Nice one, DD.
  This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC