This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Return of the OTF Kickabout (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: The Return of the OTF Kickabout
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm free on 5th April but I can't make it into town until about 6.30pm, would that be a problem?

This is of course assuming I'm welcome, seeing as I don't know anyone off of here!

Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be available on the 5th too, assuming we won't be starting before, say, 6:30.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was concerned about the "not knowing anyone" thing, too. I have this mental image of standing by the side of the pitch with my eyes filling with tears, being ignored while the bigger boys pick the teams.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're more than welcome, Tratorello. Don't worry about not knowing anyone. I've only ever met one other OTFer too, and he emigrated to Australia shortly afterwards.

I was thinking of booking it for about 6.30/7.00 to give people time to get there after work.

[ 13.03.2007, 15:21: Message edited by: Big Dave's Gusset ]

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Submission
Member # 1371

- posted      Profile for Nocturnal Submission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to play but I can't make it into central London until 7.30pm or thereabouts so I won't really be able to make any of these kickabouts, hence my attempt to make this a weekend thang.
Posts: 2168 | From: Revelling In The Hole | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
7pm sounds fine to me. we've hit BST by then, haven't we.

quote:
I have this mental image of standing by the side of the pitch with my eyes filling with tears, being ignored while the bigger boys pick the teams
oh, we have to pick teams, have to. it's a fundamental part of kickabouts like this. don't worry, i'm a veteran of "alright, we'll have him if we can have a goal start" situations. completely desensitised to that kind of mental anguish.

Regent's Park is also great for footy if we do play outdoors.

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, shit. Sorting out a weekend game will be my next project, Noct. A Sunday afternoon on the common* sounds good to me.

*or Regent's Park, as Major says.

[ 13.03.2007, 15:27: Message edited by: Big Dave's Gusset ]

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trust you OTFers to hold a kick-a-bout when i am out of the country just so that you don't get dribbled senseless by the coloured guy with a bit of pace.

Little do you know that I would have bought my little black book and marked off names as i go in for my umpteenth 50-50.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

Unfortunately, Malc, one of the rules I am proposing is that anyone who is suspected of holding an FA coaching badge / modicum of talent will be hobbled like a James Caan motherfucker to bring them down to everyone elses' level. It's probably for the best that you're not about...

[ 13.03.2007, 15:36: Message edited by: Big Dave's Gusset ]

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet you could get some sponsorship dosh from a Harley Street orthopedist if you promised him a right of first refusal on treating the inevitable injuries.

I KNOW you could if I ever turned up.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope the approach that "anyone who was ever regularly picked sooner than fourth-from-last will be handicapped" is one that stays in place.

Regents Park is playable on a sunny day until 7:30 - 8, as soon as BST kicks in.

Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

Ursus, I've got to play a full 11-a-side match on Saturday. I haven't played football since 2002, when I was sick on the side of the pitch after twenty minutes. Orthopedists are the least of my concern, by the time 5th April comes round, I fully expect to have been fitted with a metal heart to replace the exploded one.
Nocturnal Submission
Member # 1371

- posted      Profile for Nocturnal Submission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ah, shit. Sorting out a weekend game will be my next project, Noct. A Sunday afternoon on the common* sounds good to me.

*or Regent's Park, as Major says.

Sounds good, mate. Any of the big parks would work for me.

[ 13.03.2007, 15:46: Message edited by: Nocturnal Submission ]

Posts: 2168 | From: Revelling In The Hole | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

Ooh, the page has gone all big. Is this someone's clever attempt to flush out Gangster Octopus?

Edit: Oh, it's gone back to normal now.

[ 13.03.2007, 15:48: Message edited by: Big Dave's Gusset ]

Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone resurected the colonostomy thread again?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC