This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Return of the OTF Kickabout (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  70  71  72   
Author Topic: The Return of the OTF Kickabout
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.reff.org.uk/pages/pitch_finder_ie.asp
Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah fuck it, the one at the University of London is shut for Easter. I'll work through the web links provided by Jason and 200percent and report back later...
Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How much would Wembley cost?
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smokin Joe Harper
Member # 473

- posted      Profile for Smokin Joe Harper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Battersea Park has a couple of artificial pitches, there's also one at Paddington Rec (close to Maida Vale tube), and there's another under the Westway (The Westway Sports Centre?).

I've also played on a pitch which was round the corner from Caledonian Road tube, which I think is the one 200percent is on about.

Posts: 865 | From: Forty yards out, in the Parc des Princes, rifled into the top corner | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Joe, that's the one. It's about 100 yards from where I used to live.

I've played on the one under the Westway, too - nice pitches, but I was a tiny bit spooked at how easy it was to hit the underside of the road.

Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[surface geek] The Westway is covered with Tiger Turf I'd love to see how well it plays. Apparently the grass is zig-zagged in order to maintain a more consistent level of compaction[/surface geek]
Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh, we have to pick teams, have to. it's a fundamental part of kickabouts like this. don't worry, i'm a veteran of "alright, we'll have him if we can have a goal start" situations. completely desensitised to that kind of mental anguish.

Given that most folk on here don't know one another, it might be quite fun to pick sides now...

[ 14.03.2007, 17:01: Message edited by: TVMP ]

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

It certainly played more like real grass, Jason. I could have sworn that it even had something like tiny divots built into it (though I guess it was more likely just age and wear). It was comfortable to dive on wearing shorts, too. Certainly considerably better than the standard Omni/Astro/Whoeverturf that most sports centres have.

[ 14.03.2007, 17:05: Message edited by: 200percent ]

Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha. That sounds ace actually.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

We're going to need captains first.
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are some dreadful tarmac 5-a-side pitches under the Westway at Royal Oak. The ones at Westway leisure center are good but expensive and normally booked up. In that end of town we've normally played on the 5-a-side pitches at North Kensington leisure centre, which is very close to the Westway stuff.
Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnson Quicksmith
Member # 1171

- posted      Profile for Johnson Quicksmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.powerleague.co.uk/location.asp
Posts: 893 | From: Get Cougarised | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are indeed some really poor pitches there, with very bad lighting sometimes.

If all else fails, I can try the Sobell leisure centre in Finsbury Park. It's indoor, but pretty accessible from everywhere (much more so than Royal Oak).

Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only played one game all season, and am pretty crap, but I'm in, providing you're not at a venue too far into the arse end of West London Nowheresville.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ooh aah
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for ooh aah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be up for a kickabout. 5th April should be ok for me, and I work centrally so venue wise I should be ok. Although if it were a regular thing then Thursday nights wouldn't be ideal as that's when I have a kickaround with people from work.

The sunday afternoon on Clapham Common idea also sounds good (as I live in Clapham) and of course you don't have to book in advance or pay anything. Of course that would equally apply to various parks in London, and I'd be prepared to get off my arse and move beyond Clapham if necessary, even if it is sunday. Perhaps a sunday kickaround could be an option for the summer.

Don't expect me to come back and tackle though. I am a mecurial talent, a bit like Matt Le Tissier, and you wouldn't expect him to track back.

[ 14.03.2007, 17:29: Message edited by: ooh aah ]

Posts: 2266 | From: the bottom of the barrel | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 72 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  70  71  72   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC