This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Official Pre-Season Friendlies Thread (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: The Official Pre-Season Friendlies Thread
Gonzo
Member # 1592

- posted      Profile for Gonzo         Edit/Delete Post 
BL, the 'friendly' v.Dresden on Saturday has been cancelled.......
Posts: 2962 | From: The Pale, Erin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I hear, what the fuck is all that about - "On police advice" ??

Surly it can't be due to simple crowd congestion ? I know the Berlin game was delayed due to that, but you don't cancel a game because of it?!?

Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm going to watch Wednesday at Port Vale a week on Saturday. Mmmmmm...Burslem in the summer.
Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know of any German teams playing in Britain this summer? Or otherwise interesting teams within reasonable distance of London?

I wish it had been Dynamo coming to Leeds.

Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houdi Elbow
Member # 126

- posted      Profile for Houdi Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Still it looks like we'll start the season without Burton because of some jobsworth cretin.
A really bizarre incident - no-one in the ground knew what was going on including the players. Burton may also be in trouble for not leaving the field - the ref blew for half time without play restarting and for a while we thought he had abandoned the match. Particularly stupid as the game was very half paced with no real tackling. All very predictable after we allowed Maclean to leave.
Posts: 879 | From: ATV Land | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oxford's first public pre-season friendly is this Saturday at Didcot Town, and I shall be in attendance. Earlier today United drew 1-1 with Bristol Rovers in a behind-closed-doors job at Bisham Abbey. I am also hoping to go to the game at Eastleigh on Tuesday, and the home games against Bournemouth and Luton, before I go on holiday and miss the remaining friendlies (and the first real game too).
Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not officially confirmed but We think that there is some kind of protest march planned in Dresdyn for Saturday - not an Anti Bates one - hence the police have cancelled the game - Why wait till two days before??
Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My annual Cardiff v. A Bath Team fixture is the one against TeamBath on Monday 13th August at 2PM. I am assuming the kick-off was decided by Sky so they could show it live

I may go and see Bath city v. Bristol Roverz tomorrow night and v. Hereford on Tuesday depending on how stupid the ticket prices are.

I regard every game played before August Bank Holiday as a pre-season freindly anyway

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Dynamo's website, the match in Leeds was cancelled on the advice of the German police, who believed that several hundred of Dynamo's more excitable "supporters" were planning to come to Leeds (or were already on their way) looking for trouble.

The demonstration that Battylad notes is being used by the Dresden police as an explanation for why they can't devote resources to monitor the hoolies.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Their new striker (the blonde-ponytailed chap) seemed very good though.
Ha ha. Councillor Michael Fahy to thread!
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am hoping to go to the Saturday Amsterdam tournament games, on the 4th... fingers crossed.
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrTandy
Member # 413

- posted      Profile for MrTandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to see Banbury United's 1-0 win against Coventry Sphinx last Saturday. Nice to see a few people I hadn't seen in a few weeks, the match itself was a bit of a non-event. I will still go and watch them at home to Hook Norton on Saturday and away to Woodford United on Tuesday.
Banbury's pre-season programme is a right load of bobbins, the only team we play from a higher league is Histon.
Oh, going to see Villa vs Inter on the 4th of August. Mainly on the grounds that it'll probably be better then watching Banbury play at Easington Sports.

Posts: 340 | From: North Oxfordshire | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, "Coventry Sphinx" is a great name for a football team.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will you be making the short journey up to Leamington on the 7th of August MrTandy, as that was one of the fixtures I was thinking of taking in?
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jon/juan
Member # 1057

- posted      Profile for jon/juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While we're on the subject of Leamington FC, CTT, keep free Saturday 29th September as Stourbridge FC (and me) are coming to town!
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC