This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Official Pre-Season Friendlies Thread (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: The Official Pre-Season Friendlies Thread
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Halifax-Wigan 0-4

Praise the Lord, we play football again, I saw us passing the ball, our midfield distributing it about and we used the wings.

I am presuming this is all at Koumas' prompting?
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Rangers fans were singing "Chelsea and Rangers!" during yesterday's match.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, a good 2,000 Chelsea fans (including people I know) went up there for a big piss up yesterday.

As much as I loath the whole 'blues brothers' thing, it should be noted that the alliance was there long before the far right politics kicked in. There are a friendships between groups of supporters that go back a good 35 years or so at least.

[ 29.07.2007, 17:33: Message edited by: The_Liquidator ]

Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grindell, not really, just our new manager actually asking the team to play it on the ground. Melchiot was pretty good during that game, tidy at the back and Ronaldihno tricks to make it look prettier.
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jefe
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for jefe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monterrey 2 Preston North End 0 in Sacramento.
Portland Timbers 2 PNE 1.

Posts: 1511 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watford warmed up nicely by taking a 5-1 pasting from Macaabi Haifa in a german tournament. The official Watford website has lots of spin about how good MH are, but still, 5-1 is bad.
Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, Billy, what were you doing in the Tivoli? As a Barnsley fan you should never have been there at all in the last thirty years...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mudhsuden
Member # 1072

- posted      Profile for Mighty Mudhsuden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone mentioned Robin van Persie's goal yet?
Posts: 2061 | From: Hackensack... is that all you get for your money? | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in Glasgow at the weekend on a stag do, but we forewent the hate-filled nonsense of Rangers v Chelsea for Queen's Park v Partick at Hampden. Which wasn't that bad - a deserved 1-0 win for QP, a straight red card for a Partick player after 15 minutes and plenty of eccentric refereeing decisions to enjoy.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday got tonked three nil at Port Vale on Saturday.
Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Has anyone mentioned Robin van Persie's goal yet?

Good, wasn't it? One of those that takes a few replays to work out exactly what he did. I had only turned the game on two minutes earlier so was particulairly pleased.

I like to think he is furious about being denied 'Goal of the Season'for 06/07 and has made it his number one priority to right that wrong this campaign.

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We drove past Kendal's ground on Saturday afternoon and it was literally overflowing with fans. Turns out that Everton were in town to warm up for their '07-'08 campaign, which they did in no uncertain terms, summarily dispatching a 3-2 thrashing of the non-league minnows.

Initially I was disappointed that I'd missed the chance to see a Premiership side in action, but after looking at a list of the eminently unremarkable Everton squad, I'm not so sure.

[ 30.07.2007, 12:02: Message edited by: Major Eazy ]

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wednesday got tonked three nil at Port Vale on Saturday.
Substitute 'Wednesday' with 'Huddersfield' and 'Port Vale' with 'Rochdale'. Same score and date.

It's the end of the world according to the folk on our Rivals board. Christ knows what it's going to be like when the season starts.

I really should stop going on there. There's a 'Leeds supporter' with the user name 'chris_moyles' winding everybody up at the moment. It's very depressing.

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought my boss was quiet.

Rochdale looked impressive in the second half of last season mind, good outside bet for a play-off spot if they can keep their squad together.

That's them relegated.

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's the end of the world according to the folk on our Rivals board. Christ knows what it's going to be like when the season starts.
That's why I try to avoid the Wednesday ones as well. I suspect what with the combined factors of the takeover collapse, the supposed offers for Brunt and Whelan, the pasting at Vale Park and the collapse of the Rasiek deal that the apocalypse is well and truly nigh on the boards at the moment.

Anyway, Port Vale; quite handy up front.

Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC