This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Futbol Español 2007-08 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  76  77  78   
Author Topic: Futbol Español 2007-08
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, it’s not too soon to be starting such a thread, though it may seem like only a few minutes ago that Beckham finally won a La Liga medal, mainly because the unwinnable Intertoto Cup may claim an early glamorous (ish) scalp; Atlético Madrid lost 2-1 in the first leg to Romanian side Gloria Bistrita at the weekend; AS tempering the insufferable defeat by reporting on Atletico B winning a training match. It’s all part of El Plano Grande Colchonero, though, to ignore Europe and concentrate on La Primera, possiblemente.

Preparations for the new season, beginning on 26th August for both Primera and Segunda teams, have been busy if unspectacular, except in the case of Real Mallorca’s 10-1 win at Mittersill. The most outrageous transfer has not been Torres’ departure from Atletico, but that of Saviola leaving Barca for Real, El Conejito, how could you? Prior to the season proper Sevilla take on Real Madrid in La Supercopa (Aug 11th, I think)

A couple of good opening day fixtures in La Primera too; Valencia v Villareal and Real at home to Atletico.

But the real reason for wanting to start this thread is the following; a contender for the “What on earth is that” thread is Sevilla’s newly announced 3rd kit. It’s not pink though, it’s rosa.

-

[ 25.07.2007, 21:02: Message edited by: Heston Bee ]

Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that's hideous
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Real Mallorca’s 10-1 win at Mittersill
Mittersill, Austria? Very nice place, but... wha?
Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I be cheeky and ask any Spanish football watchers for an opinion on John Aloisi? He's out of contract after playing for two years at Alaves, and before that was at Osasuna. There are rumours that my lot might be interested in taking him, but reports in the Australian press that he wants either to stay in Spain or play for a Championship team in England.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what Lodzu will make of his lot's latest kit disaster. They are certainly trying his faith in that regard.

Furtho, I saw your Aloisi question on the Liga thread, but don't have much to say. He was marginally effective at Osasuna and probably less that at Alaves. He seems to save his best for the Aussie national team. Certainly not as effective as Iversen has been recently, though it is at least possible that a move closer to home could be beneficial. I don't have to tell you that the Squirrels need all the help they can get up front.

BTW, this is the third time I've typed this, so expect the board to crash again.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
H.B - sorry, but look up "rosa" in a bilingual dictionary and you'll see the awful truth. Whoever agreedon that abomination certainly hasn't come up smelling of...well, you know.

Atlético are such a bunch of wankers. The other day it came out that they will sign Riquelme "if results are going badly". The arrogance of that works on various levels. As does the stupidity.

Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing wrong with pink shirts per se, just look at Palermo. There is a lot wrong with that one, however.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ant, I know the awful truth already. It's just that saying rosa rather than pink helps me to deflect the unbelievably ghastliness of the shirt.

I doubt Riquelme will be on his way to the Estadion Calderon now anyway, Atléti have just signed Simao Sabrosa for approx £15m. Martin Petrov going to Man City for approx £5m to offset the cost. That strikes me as rather weird, Petrov having been one of Atléti's best and most consistent performers, from an admittedly underperforming bunch.

Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jon/juan
Member # 1057

- posted      Profile for jon/juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Atleti through to the UEFA Cup, thanks to a Forlan goal.

Hello all- my how I've missed our weekly Spanish football chats.

Re the Sevilla kit - it's like the kit designer was dared to go full-on pink but he wussed out and left a bit of red on the collar and one of the shoulders.

According to the Spanish press, Atleti will sign Reyes tomorrow. Poor deluded bloke thought he'd get signed by Real Madrid because of the last game he played last season. Does he not remember all the other rubbish games he played for us?

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Atleti through to the UEFA Cup, thanks to a Forlan goal. On away goals. Against Gloria Bistrita. Jammy whining bastards. (See Intertoto thread for details of whining crap from poor mollycoddled Atletico tossers)
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

quote:
According to the Spanish press, Atleti will sign Reyes tomorrow. Poor deluded bloke thought he'd get signed by Real Madrid because of the last game he played last season. Does he not remember all the other rubbish games he played for us?
Marca online is running with this story, 12million Euros for him apparently with the deal expected to be closed today. Atleti tried to buy him previously from Real for 1/2 that price, apparently. Marca also state that this signing, along with the other summer signings indicates Atletico's most ambicious plan ever.

Not all Atleti fans are that truly deluded, ad-hoc.

ad hoc
Member # 52

By the way, I'm currently in Barcelona and this morning I skimmed through La Vanguardia while I drank my coffee. Not a single mention of the Bistrita game. With a whole page devoted to Barcelona's 3-1 win over Hearts and half to Espanyol's 6-0 win over Glentoran ("historical club from a modest league", the paper said)

It always cracks me up when I realise how parochial the Spanish press is - Pick up a paper in Madrid and you'd swear there was no life outside Castilla-La mancha, and pick up a paper here, and its like the rest of Spain doesn't exist. I thought the London-centric English press was bad, but at least the recognise the existence of the rest of the country.

BTW Off topic, I saw today a car number plate with, in that little space on the left hand side where you normally get the EU flag with the country code (except in the UK, because we always have to be different), the code "CAT" for, I presume, Catalunya. Is that a new thing? Is it accepted?

[ 29.07.2007, 11:03: Message edited by: ad hoc ]

ad hoc
Member # 52

It was the players who whined, HB. Moaning about how they had to travel from the airport in Cluj all the way to Bistrita (like the only cities that should be allowed into UEFA cmpetitions were the ones that had airports), how Romania was poor and people still use horse carts, and how the hotel wasn't very good, and all that bollocks
SamLKelly
Member # 6163

- posted      Profile for SamLKelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The most outrageous transfer has not been Torres’ departure from Atletico, but that of Saviola leaving Barca for Real, El Conejito, how could you?
Probably something to do with how Madrid made him feel actually wanted as a player, whilst Rijkaard spent a whole season making him second-choice for the second-choice striker's role behind, of all people, Eidur bloody Gudjohnsen. And then signed Thierry Henry.

I'm a Barca fan and - due to the River connection - a Saviola fan, but I won't hold this against him. He's been very dignified about it, which is more than can be said for Laporta, who said the week after the transfer that Sav had been useless for Barca, and that, 'I wish him the best as a person, but as a player I hope he has the same success with Madrid that he had here.'

A very good player gone to waste there...

Anyway. I'll be in Camp Nou for Barca v. Sevilla! And in other stadia around Spain for quite a few more games in September and October as well. I'm doing a backpacking trip. Can't wait.

Posts: 355 | From: Exiled in North Somerset | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lodzubelieveit
Member # 1390

- posted      Profile for Lodzubelieveit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even I have to admit that that pink kit is a little ... unique
Posts: 830 | From: Madrid | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  76  77  78   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC