This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Futbol Español 2007-08 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  76  77  78   
Author Topic: Futbol Español 2007-08
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christoph metzelder really has no idea what lies in store for him does he?
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jon/juan
Member # 1057

- posted      Profile for jon/juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"This has to do with the team's offensive style, which doesn't give defenders that much to do. "

Ojala!

Although I think the defensive signings - Pepe and Metzelder - look pretty good this year. I expect Pepe and Cannavaro to be the first choice central defensive pairing. With Diarra likely to play just in front of them it might not be the usual turkey shoot.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It was the players who whined, HB
Ah, sorry - I haven't been paying attention to the Intertoto thread so missed that. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest though.
Weren't there similar musings a couple of seasons ago when Liverpool played away, I've ashamedly forgotten where, Bulgaria perhaps and fans had to climb up a grassy knoll to get to the ground?
I don't think the reaction would be very different from most sets of players, the Atleti players' naiveity was in allowing themselves to be captured as saying so.

Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That kit looks like it was dyed in Pepto-Bismol.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After the giddy emotions that Intertoto success entails, looks like the usual bonhomie has returned to the Atleti camp.
Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any of our La Liga watchers know much about Cesar Navas? He's been on trial at Ipswich, but due to a broken metatarsal, he's our for 6-8 weeks, but we may still sign him one way or another? The fact he's played in La Liga for the past two seasons sounds good, the fact he's played for two relegated sides (Malaga and Gimnastic) less so.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I've understood this properly it seems as if Atleti will definitely be leaving the Calderon after coning to an agreement with brewery Mahou about the sale and redevelopment of the ground. Atleti will move to the former Olympic stadium, La Peineta, not exactly a popular move but it has the capacity for 73,000.
Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Atleti will move to the former Olympic stadium, La Peineta, not exactly a popular move but it has the capacity for 73,000.
"Olympic" in the broadest sense of the word, i.e it's never held any Olympics. La Peineta needs a bit of work doing to it, as well:

-

Ask Espanyol fans what they think about playing at an Estadio Olímpico.

[ 30.07.2007, 16:34: Message edited by: ant259 ]

Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jon/juan
Member # 1057

- posted      Profile for jon/juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been to an athletics meet at the Peineta. I can understand why Atleti fans aren't happy. It's miles from anywhere (except the airport) and is not even in the south of the city, where the traditional support for the club is.

Carlos Quieroz twists the knife

Apparently we had a chance to sign Pepe for 2 million Euros four years ago under his recommendation but didn't because he was told "at that time defenders did not sell shirts."

How much did we pay for him this summer?

30 million euros.

I could cry, I really could.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

La Penieta has been in the pipeline for a long time, I'm sure we had a discussion about it probably 2 seasons ago when it was beginning to gain momentum. I don't think many Atleti fans thought it'd be serious because of the issues jon/juan has raised, but it looks now much more concrete. I think Atletico are scheduled to start playing there in 2010. AS has a picture/video gallery of what the stadium will apparently look like, I can't find the link now though.

Real lost 3-0 last night to Hannover96 prompting both Marca and AS to restrengthen their enquiries into why hasn't Kaka been bought, and when is he arriving?

Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As soon as Milan buy Riquelme.
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lodzubelieveit
Member # 1390

- posted      Profile for Lodzubelieveit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well here we go tuned into Radio Marca for the vuelta of the Supercopa ...

Another chance to pick up silverware for good old Sevilla. Remains interesting to see how the new centre back pairing of Fazio and Mosquera are going to play, in the absence of last season's excellent Escude and OTF favourite Javi Navarro...

Real Madrid look a bit unbalanced, with only Diarra to do the water-carrying in midfield ...

Posts: 830 | From: Madrid | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Real lost 3-0 last night to Hannover96 prompting both Marca and AS to restrengthen their enquiries into why hasn't Kaka been bought, and when is he arriving?
I read a funny thing.

When one of the new Dutch lads arrived a Real M supporter crowd had gathered and they started chanting "Kaká". Must have felt very welcomed, that lad.

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lodzubelieveit
Member # 1390

- posted      Profile for Lodzubelieveit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Golgolgolgolgol!!!

Re-re-re-renatoooo!!!

Posts: 830 | From: Madrid | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lodzubelieveit
Member # 1390

Now Real Madrid need 3, so I guess it's backs-to-the-wall time ...
  This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  76  77  78   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC