This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Futbol Español 2007-08 (Page 64)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...  76  77  78   
Author Topic: Futbol Español 2007-08
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The game petered out to a 1-2 victory for Bilbao. After a good start by Madrid, they do their usual trick of shooting themselves in the foot, when they had the chance to go 3rd.

It must be a nightmare to be an Atletico fan.

The raison d'etre of Atleti fans for the last few years has been to have a grand gripe, the more spectacular and controversial the defeat the better. It's self-perpetuating, they don't win anything because everyone is against them (led by unnamed forces from the Bernabeu, most likely), knowing everyone is against them generates an expectancy of not wanting to win. As Sid Lowe (I think) said, they're happy in their misery! If they started winning trophies again I don't think they'd know what to do.
Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It must be a nightmare to be an Atletico fan.
God, they get on my nerves, with their mewling self-pity. They are fourth in La Liga and playing the UEFA Cup. Far worse, surely, to be a Real Oviedo fan?
Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Senyor Pirotecnic
Member # 9439

- posted      Profile for Senyor Pirotecnic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the way Atlético fans and their media cheerleaders go on about them being super-loyal and long-suffering. Sure they’ve had a few crap years but they remain Spain’s third most successful club (?). As ant says let them try being Oviedo fans for a while.
Posts: 100 | From: Valencia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jon/juan
Member # 1057

- posted      Profile for jon/juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just desserts in the final that year as Atleti conceded an equaliser in about the last minute of injury time against Bayern Munich who then thumped them 4-0 in the replay.

They then went on to represent Europe and won the Intercontinental Cup the following season as Bayern Munich declined to play for some reason.

I know these facts oh too well, hearing them time and time again from a certain Atleti-supporting friend of mine.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Senyor Pirotecnic
Member # 9439

- posted      Profile for Senyor Pirotecnic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Luis Aragones score in that final?
Posts: 100 | From: Valencia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Si, senyor.

His goal was also in extra time, just not as late as Bayern's.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aragones' goal was a thunderbolt of a free-kick. The Bayern equaliser was something a thunderbolt from open play.
Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

Not exactly thunderbolts, either of them, actually. Bayern v Atletico 1974

I had it in mind that mass-advertising was a more recent phenomenon; from the hoardings around the pitch it doesn't seem so though. Doesn't seem to have done many of those firms much good though - I've never heard of half of them, Eurovosa, Samson Shag, and ESAB Welding must be wishing they'd advertisd 20 years later. Atletico's free-kick forever associated with mini-market kings Spar. How entirely unglamorous.

ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THE OTF LA LIGA 1X2 SPECIAL (Round Twenty-Six)

1. Valencia - Recreativo Sáb - 20:00
2. Sevilla - Zaragoza Sáb - 22:00
3. Athletic de Bilbao - Villarreal Dom - 17:00
4. Racing - Almería Dom - 17:00
5. R. Madrid - Getafe Dom - 21:00

X,2,1,1,X

No Barça this week, the Committee deciding that Levante at home was too simple a pick.

Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Senyor Pirotecnic
Member # 9439

Senyor Pirotecnic
Member # 9439

sin comentarios
Lodzubelieveit
Member # 1390

- posted      Profile for Lodzubelieveit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Valencia - Recreativo 1
2. Sevilla - Zaragoza 1
3. Athletic de Bilbao - Villarreal X
4. Racing - Almería X
5. R. Madrid - Getafe 1

I am about to get the AVE down to Seville for the weekend, so will endeavour to get to the Sanchez Pizjuan for tomorrow night's match, if it's not a sell-out, so hopefully one or two pics and a match report to follow ...

What do you mean by Sevilla - Zaragoza '2', ant??

[ 22.02.2008, 17:25: Message edited by: Lodzubelieveit ]

Posts: 830 | From: Madrid | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great picture from Pirotecnic.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
X

just warming up for next season.

[ 22.02.2008, 18:10: Message edited by: gerontophile ]

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jefe
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for jefe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Valencia - Recreativo X
2. Sevilla - Zaragoza 1
3. Athletic de Bilbao - Villarreal 1
4. Racing - Almería X
5. R. Madrid - Getafe 1

Posts: 1511 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 78 pages: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...  76  77  78   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC