This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Serie A 2007-08 (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 46 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  44  45  46   
Author Topic: Serie A 2007-08
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And Emerson is Milan's big signing for this close season, eclipsing Ibrahim Ba.

Well well, I thought their underwhelming big singing this close season was going to be Cassano, but Silvio's had to go some way to eclipse that potentially crap signing with this actually crap one.

You had better hope you get Manchester United in the Champions League this season, that's your one likely chance for some bright rays of sunshing in what is going to be an overcast sort of season.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Milanisti officially banned from the match at Genoa, the authorities having said that there were too many messages and chatter about possible trouble.

The away end will be closed, and ticket sales, which had been suspended, will only be resumed on some kind of voucher basis (probably tickets from last season) at a limited number of sales points in Genoa.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You had better hope you get Manchester United in the Champions League this season, that's your one likely chance for some bright rays of sunshing in what is going to be an overcast sort of season.
Let's see, when was the last time I heard someone underestimate Milan? Hmmm, when the hell was that?

Oh, now I remember, last year, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before...

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ursus, what was the name again of that downtown ticket agency where you could buy your San Siro tickets?

How easy are they to find in the city?

How long in advance of a game do they sell tickets?

What's the rule now with ID and/or passport when buying a ticket, is that still in effect?

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

Ad you'll like this
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's terrific. The Galliani kid should have had a yellow tie, though.

Tickets: The ID/Passport requirement and that requiring that each ticket have a person's name on it are still in effect; there were large queues at the Trofeo Berlusconi because people didn't expect them to be checking, but they were.

Tickets are generally available about a week before the match at the Milan Store near Duomo and at branches of Banca Intesa San Paolo. They aren't hard to get except for the Derby and Juve matches.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pawlu
Member # 1406

- posted      Profile for pawlu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This might be interesting to anyone who wants to watch Italian football on the net.
Posts: 113 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

Cheers for that, ursus.

That's why it's so damn hard for us abroad to find somewhere to buy tickets online well in advance, because they don't release them until a week before?

I mean just tickets. There's always Steve Perryman and the likes but prices are steep.

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Yes, that is the basic problem. For example, they aren't selling tickets for the match against the Viola yet, and Inter only just started selling single ticket for Sunday's match against Udinese.

My understanding is that the clubs have all done deals with the ticket agencies that will happily charge you ten times face value, essentially letting them buy multiple season tickets that are never used by the same person.

Though you know I am always happy to help (that being a general offer to anyone trying to see a match in Milan).

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

BTW, ursus minor is on his way home from Slovenija, and we will put up the prediction league thread tonight.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

ursus, Milan play Fiorentina on Monday 3/9 at 18:00, I'm seriously looking into going to that one. Would you be able to go or would your schedule not permit?
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

It's a bizarre time, isn't it?

The basic answer is that I'm not sure; it is the first day that many people are going to be back at work and tends to be quite a zoo.

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

BTW, the Materazzi injury is serious.

The operation took an hour, and the current thinking is that he is could be out until Christmas.

I know a lot of people on here think he is a buffoon, but his loss will be a serious blow to both Inter and Italy; it wasn't a coincidence that Cannavaro really started to have problems last night after Materazzi came off.

Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

He's the kind of player you hate when he's at another club, but love when he's at yours. There's no middle road.
I've warmed to him since the WC. It had a lot to do with how many blamed him for Zidane being sent off, when it ws Zidane gone done it to himself. But you kow, Zidane is holy, he can't do wrong, ever.

dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who was that numpty that argued long and hard on here in favour of Zidane after the World Cup ?

He made AIATL look level headed by comparison.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 46 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  44  45  46   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC