This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » OTF worst season competition (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OTF worst season competition
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the end of the 04/05 campaign rather hard going.

May 12, 2005: this

May 22, 2005: this

May 25, 2005: this

May 25 wasn't really as painful as it otherwise would have been because I was still in shock from the events of May 22.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After two relegations (one particularly pathetic), one last-game-staying-up, and going bust over the last three seasons, it's obvious that our worst ever season was 1996-97, when we were relegated to the bottom division after winning at Wembley. Or, possibly, 1973-74, the only time we've been in the bottom division and not been involved in the promotion battle. So far.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I definitely think we're going to walk this one. We're consistent in losing 3-1 and there is no chance of us doing any of the things Phoebe suggested. We've already lost one midfielder since then and don't look like getting anyone in to replace him.
Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We thought 1999-2000 was bad, until 2001-02.

[ 20.08.2007, 09:58: Message edited by: TonTon ]

Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houdi Elbow
Member # 126

- posted      Profile for Houdi Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And Jeffers went off injured after 20 minutes yesterday. To make matters worse, the ticket office was working sufficiently well for my mate to get me a ticket for Charlton away. It never rains, etc.
Posts: 879 | From: ATV Land | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houdi Elbow
Member # 126

- posted      Profile for Houdi Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re. Phoebe's comments. Coughlan always looked a solid defender and weighed in with some important goals from set pieces. He was however found out for pace, although as Bomb suggested, he was no worse in this respect than others - he did nothing wrong as far as I could see. I think he wanted to stay in the area for family reasons.

We also signed another keeper, Rob Burch, from Spurs, although worryingly he is regarded by Laws as 'number 2' to Grant.

Posts: 879 | From: ATV Land | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you go houdi? I heard they changed the music on the way out to 'heaven knows I'm miserable now'. Better than the Levellers, anyway.
Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houdi Elbow
Member # 126

I've been on holiday so Saturday will be my first game - I'm not looking forward to it as we'll get tonked again.
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As predicted on the 12th August, I'm sticking by my guns, here - OTF Worst Season Award, here I come. Three matches, one point, and no goals scored - bottom of the Conference South and with plenty of delicious rumours starting to come out about enormous levels of disharmony in the dressing room.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We lost to a team that didn't win at all last season. I may yet join this thread,
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We also signed another keeper, Rob Burch, from Spurs, although worryingly he is regarded by Laws as 'number 2' to Grant.

I wouldn't pin your hopes on Burch either. He's been at Spurs since he was a kid, is 23 in a few weeks time, and in the five years he's been a pro, he's been out on loan six times, playing a whopping 15 times, only six of which have been above Conference level (for Barnet last season). In those 15 games, he's kept just two clean sheets, and conceded 28 goals.

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

And Burch concedes within four minutes on his league debut. Yep, this is going to be a very very long season....
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not expecting this season to be great, but last season is probably the worst in the club's history. P 46 W 8 D 13 L 25, Gd of -39 and conceded 79 goals.
The team finished bottom for the first time in the club's history, a point behind Rotherham who started the season on -10 points due to them going into administration.

Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched yesterday's game on TV (no idea why it was on Romanian TV, but there you go), and we were woeful. After going behind (which let's not forget happened in the 5th minute) we resorted to desperate long ball football. Given that the only vaguely solid part of ur side is the midfield, this didn't seem to be a very positive development. And so it proved.

While I was still on holiday those three games were like pre-season friendlies in my mind. Now I'm here I feel like the season has started. But it could well be a long one.

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Change that "So far" in my post up there to read "Until this season"...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC