This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » OTF worst season competition (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OTF worst season competition
sportinguista
Member # 1693

- posted      Profile for sportinguista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! Beat this:

Season 1997/98

Games played:38

Won: 2
Drawn: 7
Lost: 29

Goals for: 31
Goals against: 80

Posts: 995 | From: my Valladolid exile | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lower expectations are actually working out quite well for us. I'm enjoying things as my threshold is so low. For instance today we saw Leeds lose their first game of the season, Wednesday get a win and United doing just enough to keep Robson in a job, without troubling the play-offs.

Our goals today were scored by two of the players who have had a lot of stick, just as the winner last week against Blackpool was scored by Richard Hinds, the scunny reject I was lambasting earlier in the thread. It emerged that he's a lifelong wednesdayite, but creditably kept quiet about the fact. Delighted for him to have got the winner in front of the kop.

The politics are still shit, and the Scunthorpe corporate fiasco has made wednesday look a joke, again (and made me look a bit silly trying to defend them on OTF), but Allen is a fact, for now. The pathetic 'I won't buy any pies/go to games until he goes' protests are apparently changing into something more active, which is long overdue. SUFC fans would not have put up with this shit for as long as we have.

But overall things aren't nearly as bad as they seemed a while ago. Allen won't kill the club, and might not even get us relegated, which couldn't be taken for granted when I started this thread.

Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houdi Elbow
Member # 126

- posted      Profile for Houdi Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
changing into something more active
Please explain - I haven't heard anything.

quote:
SUFC fans would not have put up with this shit for as long as we have.
Hmm. That's the received wisdom anyway, but as you pointed out elsewhere they've also had some dodgy people in charge at times.

quote:
(and made me look a bit silly trying to defend them on OTF)
Are you not well today?

[ 03.11.2007, 18:33: Message edited by: Houdi Elbow ]

Posts: 879 | From: ATV Land | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spoke to a mate who's had a season ticket in the south stand for 20 odd years. Apparently that's where all the dickheads have congregated now after all the netting has been put in place on the north and south stands. The atmosphere is much more aggressive than it used to be and apparently the scunny fans did nothing out of the ordinary, and only got peeved when the stewards were rude to them.

So my assumption (that away fans can sit there without problems and the scunny fans must have been acting the cunt) was apparently wrong. Anyway.

I got the impression that there was a lot more chanting against the board recently, and people are less likely to turn on the players now. Obviously you will know better than me whether this is really the case.

Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still reckon Allen needs to go for his own health as well as for that of the club. I bet we go into administration at some stage this season so he can try and pull a Bates.

What's the longest spell at the start of the season that a team has gone without drawing a match? We've got to 14 games and a quick glance round the leagues suggests Wrexham are the only other team who've managed it so far (though with a game fewer).

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

I couldn't disagree more about administration. I don't think he'd risk it as his entire stewardship has been based on keeping us out of administration. That's why the bank have 'parked' some of the debt. And we only really have 4 creditors-3 are on the board of directors and the other (far bigger) one is the Co-op bank, who hold about 22m of the debt. He'd have to 'lend' us at least another 20m to win the vote at a creditors meeting, and I don't think he'd get away with it.

There's also his gaming licence to consider - can people hold those if their company goes into administration?

ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about if Allen leaves? Like, er, now.

Administration within the next couple of months? If Allen, as seems plausible, is the link with the Co-op, they will presumably now look at the turmoil in the board, as the time to pull the plug.

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Senyor Pirotecnic
Member # 9439

- posted      Profile for Senyor Pirotecnic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! Beat this:

Season 1997/98

Games played:38

Won: 2
Drawn: 7
Lost: 29

Goals for: 31
Goals against: 80

I think Levante might give you a run for your money this year!

Posts: 100 | From: Valencia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Northwich Victoria finally win after 20 attempts.

So that's:

P:20 W:1 D:3 L:16 Pts:6 F:15 A:45

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we're in free-fall, and with motivation like this, I can't see it getting any better. So, all it needs now is Lincoln City, Bradford City and Barnet getting their acts together, and we'll achieve our lowest ever position in a four-division league...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC