This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The official OTF Carling Cup 07-08 thread (Page 35)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  45  46  47   
Author Topic: The official OTF Carling Cup 07-08 thread
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they should liven this one up by getting Terry Venables and Jimmy Greaves to play a half each for both teams.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan, I'd second Malcolm's recommendation.

Downstairs is a bit grim but upstairs is far more pleasant.

The food is ok and if you charm the owner, whose control of the TV system is absolute, you'll have every sporting event at the time lined up above the bar.

[ 23.02.2008, 11:04: Message edited by: What's the rumpus? ]

Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm off to my Dad's house to watch the game with a Spurs crew rather than encourage scorn from my girlfriend who doesn't get 'soccer'.

I'm confident, if not willing to actually predict a win. What I will predict, however, is that Robbie Keane will fluff the obligatory one-on-one.

I think alot will depend on who makes the starting XI for Chelsea, with supposed doubts over Terry, Lampard and Cole.

Come On You Spurs!

Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most neutrals expect us to get a pounding so we can't really lose anyway, but, as Fritz says, a win for the glorious Lilywhites is the only good result for the game of football.

With Arsenal systematically binning their own season (for the second year running) with an increasing series of hilarious on-pitch hysterics, now is the right time for a trophy to find its way to the Lane, I'd venture...

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, is this being shown on TV?
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pretend Best Friend
Member # 3223

- posted      Profile for Pretend Best Friend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sky Sports 1
Posts: 408 | From: The Office, Slough | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are they doing the ceremonial singalong yet? Chas N Dave Up one end, belting out "Spurs are on their way to Wembley", while Suggs is up the other end desperately trying to distract the Chelsea fans from launching into their old favourite "I'd rather be a ..."
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking that it's not so long ago that the League Cup Final wasn't televised live, but then I realised I was thinking about the Man Utd v Liverpool final, which took place 25 years ago. I'm wasting my life.

I'm watching it on Chinese telly over the internet.

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4-1 spurs. my prediction
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in the early 80's it wasnt (although the replay was)

it was played on a normal Saturday afternoon

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2-0 Chelsea. There were some seriously old school Hard Geezers, from both sides, swarming all over the place at Liverpool Street earlier.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my recollection it was one of the few games that as televised live. I am sure I watched that Dennis Tuart overhead kick goal live, for example.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
come on Tottenham. 4-2 after extra time
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

BDG, if it's any consolation, I had a thought this morning to go and make a couple of tweaks to a wikipedia entry I made a few weeks ago, and on looking at "edit history" realised I'd made my previous entry in January 2007.
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

Alan Green's already on fine form on 5 Live, explainaing how the League Cup Final is not only the "fan's final" (because the tickets predominantly go to the clubs, not odious little people like County FA representatives or schools' association volunteers, although he didn't say that, obviously) but it's invariably a far better game than its older brother.

One could be churlish and point out that's because all the big 4 treat it like a training match kickabout, but let's not spoil the mood, eh.

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  45  46  47   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC