This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The battle of Clontarf revisited. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The battle of Clontarf revisited.
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, are we going to smite the lochlannaigh this time. Who is going to stand up and smite the viking filth and drive them into the sea? are we going carry on our tradition of crushing scandanavian opposition like flies in friendlies or are does pinger have a new plan, involving getting thrashed out of sight through incompetence.

(and yes i know, for this to be a rerun of the battle of clontarf, there would have to be huge spatterings of danes and irish on both sides, and for the captains and managers to be half brothers, because the battle of clontarf was a fuckload more complicated than the gaels against the vikings)

[ 22.08.2007, 15:49: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile here are the goals from last night's u-21 game
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
what's his name, the number 10....
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watching this with Pat in Covent Garden.
Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzo
Member # 1592

- posted      Profile for Gonzo         Edit/Delete Post 
Shouldn't it be the 'Battle of Clontarf', 2nd leg? Given the match is in Aarhus....
Posts: 2962 | From: The Pale, Erin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

not sure it should even be the battle of clontarf at all, given that most of the participants on both sides were irish born.
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fucking hell, robbie keane's scored two already - a nice chip from a reid through-pass (keeper might have done better) and a lucky, if brave, diving shoulder from a mcgeady cross. not even HT yet.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sell him to Brondby now.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
now it's 0-4 - two goals by shane long.

[ 22.08.2007, 20:27: Message edited by: garcia en dolor ]

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nil a fhios agam
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Nil a fhios agam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the fuck is going on? Are Denmark playing their U-8 team?
Posts: 921 | From: Fair City | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, just their U-8 goalkeeper.
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must be the number of world-class players we have. I've lost count.
Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even recognise half of them, we have so many now.
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

Sporting Life:
"That proves it's just not going to be Denmark's day. Remember had they taken one of their early chances this game could have been entirely different."

ooohhhh... so bitter

bryanattoni
Member # 60

i remember joking to somebody in 2003 that kilbane would probably end up with 100 caps. he's only 30 and has come on for his 81st cap.

i don't question it anymore.

Gonzo
Member # 1592

- posted      Profile for Gonzo         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't knock it lads. Though was only a friendly....
Posts: 2962 | From: The Pale, Erin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC