This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Milan madness (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Milan madness
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No not that one involving wales

he has fired martin allen at Leicester

[ 29.08.2007, 18:44: Message edited by: rick derris ]

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allen has to cope with his younger players suffering worrying health problems and now this.

Nice.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allen ends brief Leicester reign

Leicester City boss Martin Allen has left the club by mutual consent after just three months at the helm.
The former Brentford manager signed a three-year deal in May, but his relationship with chairman Milan Mandaric quickly deteriorated.

"Given our respective visions for the club, it was decided that it would be in everybody's best interests if we parted company," said Mandaric.

Last week, Allen insisted speculation about his future was "rubbish".

But a statement on the club website openly admitted that "differences between both parties regarding the direction of the club have led to a breakdown in the relationship.

Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I reckon Allen had a bet with David Nugent as to who could leave their new club soonest.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, for god's sake. Why appoint the guy in the first place? I hope it's Mandaric's own money that has been spunked, but somehow I doubt it.

What's that coming over the hill? Is it a monster? Or Neil Warnock? Is there a difference?

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamzinho
Member # 442

- posted      Profile for Jamzinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's ridiculous isn't it. How can they have differing visions? By saying that they are basically implying Allen not want them to get promoted or something like that.

If they'd done their research they'd know what kind of bloke he is, and surely his attitude and methods would have come across in his interview - if he had one!

I gather Leicester fans are a bit pissed off as they quite liked his style of management. I wonder what the 12 new players he signed for the club think of it?

Posts: 220 | From: Coventry | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allen clearly cares a lot, which is why the fans had taken to him.

As to upset players, you can add Mark de Vries, who Allen was giving another chance, to general suprise. It might be this that has upset Mandaric, giving a chance to a former reserve just when Allen has bought 14 new players, though de Vries has played OK in both the games I saw.

We will never know exactly what convinced Madaric he had made a mistake appointing Allen. Whatever it was is going to remain between them, just like with the manager Carlisle sacked one game into this season.

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I have seen and heard of him, the cleaning to bogs incident made me laugh - he looks like the kind of bloke you want as a manager! Strange choice, on the back of a respunding league win mind you...
Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr smith
Member # 1345

- posted      Profile for mr smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fester City. Always good for a laugh.
Posts: 228 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oadlad
Member # 1613

- posted      Profile for Oadlad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't laugh at the club, laugh at 'shoot from the hip' Mandaric.
Yes we are bloody annoyed because we appear to have been bought by a meddling amateur who hires a manager (former nickname MadDog), is surprised when he has strong views and then doesn't let him manage.

Posts: 157 | From: Leicester UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mandaric has been like this since he was screwing around with San Jose Earthquakes in the 1970s.

If there was a "three strikes" rule for megalomaniacal meddling chairmen, he would have started his life sentence about 20 years ago.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We will never know exactly what convinced Madaric he had made a mistake appointing Allen.

It wasn't a mistake according to Mandaric, it just didn't work out.

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet
Member # 6498

- posted      Profile for Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It surprises me that Mandaric couldn't get on with Allen. Harry Redknapp is far from being a Doormat himself.
Posts: 714 | From: Anglesey, North Wales | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy Waterman It Be
Member # 1075

- posted      Profile for Lucy Waterman It Be     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It surprises me that Mandaric couldn't get on with Allen. Harry Redknapp is far from being a Doormat himself.
Is there any evidence for this other than the words of Harry Redknapp?
Posts: 2972 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

Dowie is being mentioned as a replacement...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC