This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Baker & Kelly (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Baker & Kelly
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the Facebook forum, there wasn't a show last week due to a 'technical problem'.
Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Extree, extree, listen all about it!

Testify, Queue, Parkas, Cocktail and Flagpole

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nil a fhios agam
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Nil a fhios agam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good man CTT
Posts: 921 | From: Fair City | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers, CTT. I'm just downloading it now.

A mate of mine submitted some stuff for it, but I don't know whether it'll get used or not.

Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alex's second rhyme is a thing of beauty.
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kuhisek
Member # 1762

- posted      Profile for kuhisek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As usual, thanks CTT. You're a gent.
Posts: 944 | From: the gutter, staring at the tsars | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phew, I was wondering where they'd got to.
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus, that cup final story is horrible and hilarious in equal measure.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm voting "mostly horrible" on that story.
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why?
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

Eh, it felt a little intrusive. I get oddly squeamish about that sort of thing. Plus, I think if he felt as strongly as he did about her he made a very poor decision.
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes - I mean, if it was a once in a lifetime opportunity then, I guess, fair enough (on balance - but any girlfriend of mine would already be aware of how rare this would be), but Arsenal in a cup final is likely to happen every couple of years for the forseeable future. He might as well have blown her out to see them play West Bromwich Albion.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I thought.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Arsenal in a cup final is likely to happen every couple of years for the forseeable future. He might as well have blown her
Er, seeing The Strokes is a 3 or 4 times a year opportunity. He could have probably seen them the previous or next night (he missed a trick there).

I hate to sound like some kind of monomaniac but any woman who'd insist on going to a gig over the Cup Final can't be the one.

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nico Rijnders
Member # 930

- posted      Profile for Nico Rijnders     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, from the sound of it she didn't actually do any insisting. He just left it so long that when she found out about it, he was letting her down at the last minute and hadn't actually ever told her about it.

Though the fact that she then went to the gig with a chap that she then became involved with, suggests that the situation wasn't as ideal as he'd suggested in the first place.

And as Harry suggests, it wouldn't have taken much ingenuity to have gone to another night. I can't be arsed to look up and work out which tour it was, but even if they weren't playing other nights in London he could have travelled.

[ 15.11.2007, 13:36: Message edited by: Nico Rijnders ]

Posts: 1063 | From: Go Ahead, 1969. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC