This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » European Championship report: England v Russia (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: European Championship report: England v Russia
cosa arancione calda
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for cosa arancione calda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's particularly impressive that you have managed to include a 100% accurate tactical analysis of Steven Gerrard's performance.
Posts: 645 | From: High on a hill looking down | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And a Wodehouse quote, which is always welcome.
Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic. Happy birthday wingco.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saladin_Castillo
Member # 1668

- posted      Profile for Saladin_Castillo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Small wonder that the homosexual sounding Irishman employed by the British Broadcasting Corporation lavished him with praise, for his every move merited comment.
Absolutely fantastic.
Posts: 30 | From: The grim North | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When's it going up on the Mr Agreeable website? I am keen to share this with my limited circle of non-OTF friends.
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up now, Horse. Thanks a lot everyone, and for birthday wishes.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Genius as always.
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erskine Bridges
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Erskine Bridges     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a student of history this one had me in tears. Absolute class.

"Upfront, they were miserably ineffective. Small wonder that many Russians are wistful for the days of Stalin there, at least, was a man who, when faced with his rivals and opponents, wasn't afraid to shoot."

Posts: 911 | From: Near Paisley | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday, great stuff.

quote:
Oh, fucking hell! I had to start thinking of plausible-but-retrievable family tragedies that might account for the tears I was wiping from my eyes, then, just in case my boss challenged me over them and the small convulsions I was exhibiting.

just tell them a grandmother died, Clive, what's the worst that could happen?
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oadlad
Member # 1613

- posted      Profile for Oadlad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having smashed my keyboard to bits and burnt every biro in the place I now find I have to write out a shopping list. Thanks a lot, wingco...
Posts: 157 | From: Leicester UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, after laughing myself sore (thanks Mr wing), I read the rest and found out you are Mr Agreeable! Talk about slow (me)... I now have another several hours of laughter ahead.

Mustn't read them all at once or I will pop a vein.

[ 16.09.2007, 16:06: Message edited by: gerontophile ]

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The part about Steve McLaren, as well as being bloody funny, is 100% true, and proves that Wingco (whether in alter ego guise or as himself) should be writing about football for a national newspaper, because as far as I am aware, not one of the ovine twits who currently hold such positions pointed out this obvious fact.

I did enjoy the Steven Gerrard part too, even though I am a confirmed Gerrardista, because I recognise more than a grain of truth therein.

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent stuff.

quote:
Looking into their faces as we ransacked their possessions, slaughtered their livestock, made a pyre of their thatched dwellings, forced their elders at bayonet point to do clog dances for our amusement, quaffed their vodka and had our way, one by one, with their rosy-cheeked daughters, there seemed to be an unaccountable air of resigned melancholy about them
... my favourite bit.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC