This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Farewell Young Jose...we hardly knew ye' (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Farewell Young Jose...we hardly knew ye'
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chelsea have announced today a new aftershave

'the special one' made by 'you go boss'

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzo
Member # 1592

- posted      Profile for Gonzo         Edit/Delete Post 
Thought there already was a crap novelty in place;Shevchenko......
Posts: 2962 | From: The Pale, Erin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Have you any idea how much shit #10 comments on every day?
That's kind of the point being made though, isn't it?
Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I suppose this was inevitable from the moment that Roman's midlife crisis dictated that he start to bring his hot, barely legal russian babe bought straight off E-bay from marat Safin to watch the football.

There he is, with his lovely young thing Yawning her head off at the wretched tedium of yet another exercise in jack charlton football, asking him "roman, is this nearly over. I want to go shopping." leaving him sitting there feeling like the lowest thing in the world, a chump billionaire in a grey tank top.

I remember saying when he was appointed that he shouldn't have gone anywhere near Chelsea. He was a manager who made his reputation by winning two european trophies with underdogs playing well organised defensive counter-attacking football.

The last place he should have gone was the richest club in the world. He was going to get no credit for whatever he won, his style wasn't going to be suitable, and he was never going to be the top man. He should have taken the Liverpool job. He would have become a god.

Anyway, in his three years he managed to set new standards in insane behaviour, considerably upping the ante in every field of manager misbehaviour, from referee baiting (Frisk), fan baiting (liverpool, Barcelona, Man utd), player baiting (ronaldo), and for every memorable quote there was an incredible piece of sheer cuntishness.

The longer he stayed in charge, the less interesting his teams became, becoming more and more stereotypical, as 8 men behind the ball, punt it up to the big lad, who knocks it down for Lamps merchants. their play had become so stereotyped last season that only lampard and drogba could score.

Fair dues to him on winning two league titles, but with those resources, claudio ranieri could have won the league in 2005 given what happened to Man utd and arsenal that season, and in 2006 man utd, Arsenal and liverpool were all fucked by the end of october. The only season where he had injury problems remotely as bad as any of his main rivals, his team finished a dull second.

As for Chelsea, I'm not sure what they are going to do now. If they were going to sack him (as they obviously were) they should have done so in the summer, and got a proper replacement. As it stands, they've replaced mourinho with a man who created the most unpleasant, nastiest, most outrageously cuntish team i've seen in years. it could be very interesting to see what happens.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To add to the Irish chaps comments but Grant's Israel has left a very bad memory in Switzeland as well...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
what's his name, the number 10....
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Avram Grant to move back upstairs by May.
Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I remember saying when he was appointed that he shouldn't have gone anywhere near Chelsea.
yeah and what a disaster it's been. three years, five trophies, 20 million...
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, unless he does spectacularly well, it's difficult to see Grant as anything other than a stopgap until the end of the season, when they should have more options.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
#10, 12.14;

quote:
Have you any idea how much shit #10 comments on every day?
That's either the most or least self-aware post in the entire history of OTF.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Least. I just saw that a few minutes ago. I was hoping no-one would pick up on it.
Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying to work out how, despite this being an obvious thing that was going to happen soon, I am somewhat surprised.

I will miss him. I really liked the colour he brought to managers of in the Premiership, even if he did seem a little bit too much of a national enquirer reader at times.

Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah and what a disaster it's been. three years, five trophies, 20 million...

Come on now, mourinho wasn't hired to win the league cup, or be the most unconvincing Fa cup winner since arsenal in 2005. He was hired to win the champions league and the league. The manner of chelsea's exits from the last three champions league competitions can't have done much to enhance his reputation can it.

Punting the ball up to robert Huth while squealing like a bitch about the ref at Anfield, barely able to string two passes together against Barcelona, and smothered by a prosaic liverpool team while punting the ball up towards drogba.

He would have been a lot better off at a club like liverpool where they would have been pathetically grateful for any crumb of success thrown their way. They would have loved his insane outbursts and hailed him as the new shankly.

Chelsea are always going to be romans team given the hundreds of millions he throws at the team. Romans team with a 28 million brian Deane

[ 20.09.2007, 13:36: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 588

Why aren't you in College?
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aren't his aggregate CL placings over the last three years better than any manager except ancelotti and rafa?
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to start a thread about how the relationship between Hagi and Becali at Steaua had, in the space of a few weeks, got worse that the one between Abramovich and Mourinho. But obviously it hasn't yet. Two more weeks, I'll give it.

Rumours flying that I may have been two weeks too optimistic on this one. I think Becali may be concerned that Abramovich is moving ahead in the biggest egomaniac nutjob running a football club competition.

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC