This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » John Terry is revolting (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: John Terry is revolting
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chelsea have, so far this season, conceded eight goals in seven league games (and one in Europe).

In the whole of Mourinho's first season they let in 15 in the league; in his second it was 22; last season, 24. Say whatever else you like about him but that man could organise a defence.

But surely he was "organising the defence" for six of your seven league games so far this season?

The addition of Ben Haim seems like a liability though, I presume he wasn't a Mourinho choice? That said Mourinho also ignored Ferreira for long periods when he was clearly the best right-back at the club.

[ 24.09.2007, 14:27: Message edited by: Major Harry Truscott ]

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But surely he was "organising the defence for six of your seven league games so far this season?

Clearly Mourinho's mojo was no longer rising.

Ben Haim was signed because he was a client of Pini Zahavi and because Abramovich liked the idea of having at least one Israeli international at the club. They should have got Benayoun instead.

Right-back has been a problem position for Chelsea for a long time. Even Albert Ferrer, a good player for Barcelona, was rather ropey at times during his spell in London.

[ 24.09.2007, 14:30: Message edited by: The Stroke ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob,bob,bob & bob
Member # 4308

- posted      Profile for bob,bob,bob & bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chelsea are a bit bobbins at the minute aren't they. Four matches without a win and with a Jay-Jay Okocha inspired Hull City to come, these fixtures don't get any easier.

A captain is supposed to be a leader - but Terry's skills in this department only come to the fore whenever he whinges at every decision that goes against Chelsea.

Call me naive but when you've lost your form and confidence you have the opportunity to work on your game in training as well as help build team confidence (and give some though to the fact that you happen to be captain of your country as well). Shouting the odds at referees because you're aggrieved by their decisions hardly helps in this development process.

I don't know if Terry went above Jose's head in the instance described in the Observer article, but managers have every right to confront their captain on issues of his form or that of the team in general especially if you're losing 1-0 at home.

In the end, Terry knows that his overly elevated status at Chelsea would not be replicated at any other club in Europe. Regardless of whether Chelsea win major honours or not during the remainder of his contract, he'll still be getting paid an obscene amount of money regardless.

So, yet another overpaid pro has found his comfort zone and the Premiership loses one of its rare characters. Just what the game needs.

Posts: 115 | From: The Wirral Peninsula | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Observer article was quite interesting actually. Reckoned Terry was furious that Mourinho was asking the medical staff if there was any reason his form had slumped since he came back from injury at the turn of the year. I think Mourinho was perfectly entitled to, Terry has been poor all year.

It also talked about the transfers. Mourinho had asked for Eto'o and got Shevchenko. He had a 5m deal ready to sign for Micah Richards and Kenyon cancelled it to bring in Arnesen's preferred signing Bouhlarouz. Mourinho didn't want Gallas to leave and was furious when he was allowed to go. In the transfer window he asked for a central defender and he was given the choice of Ben Haim (a Zahavi player) or Alex. He rated neither.

The most comical part of the whole story was the owner in the dressing room lecturing Essien on where he should be passing after the Rosenborg game with simultaneous translation provided by Shevchenko, all while Mourinho was doing press interviews upstairs.

A club as messed up as that from the top is not going to win the League this season.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Louis Saha was showing how much he had learned from his time in football. He remembers the Carling cup semi final in 2005 when he was simultaneously fouled by john terry and Claude makelele in the penalty area and the referee didn't award him a penalty. He probably also remembers Robert Huth rabbit punching him in the back of the head and not being awarded a penalty.

Maybe he took his cue from patrice evra, in that even being chopped down from behind won't get you a penalty against chelsea. You sometimes really have to spell it out for the ref.

You do not get a penalty against Chelsea unless you make it really really fucking obvious, how was he to know that ben haim wasn't actually going to kick him this time. It's usually a pretty fair assumption to make. ben haim is a shit bag.

To be honest, I prefer that it wasn't really a penalty, because that way it hurts more. fuck chelsea. Fuck ben haim, and fuck avram grant.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Terry is, indeed revolting. But so is the attitude that excuses cheating wankers such as Saha.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a pathetic attempt at a defence for Evra's and Saha's playacting.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think Joe Cole's tackle on Evra was a penalty either. For a Man Uniteed fan to go on about penalties that aren't given is pretty fucking rich as well.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Chaps, chaps, chaps...the fact is there were decisions awarded in that match yesterday that had they have been given against Manchester United, Ferguson's fucking nose would have exploded.

At least we can all agree on one thing, that Ashey Cole is a horrid little cunt the likes of whom we may have to wait a few generations to witness again, thankfully.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I dislike Terry more than Cole now, his treatment of Gamst Pedersen the other week just about shaded it for him.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
what's his name, the number 10....
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I didn't think Joe Cole's tackle on Evra was a penalty either
Can you justify this at all?
Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was going to say - as utterly repulsive as Cole undoubtedly is, he only just makes it into the top 5 at Chelsea (I'd put Terry, Ambramovich and Kenyon indubitably ahead, with Lampard and Cole fighting it out for 4th place).
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you really analyse that Obeserver article, it really has to be bollocks. Firstly, why would Shevchenko interpret what Abramovich has said? When Shevchenko signed he said this,

"I don't speak English, my wife does not speak Ukrainian - the only language we have in common at the moment is Italian. The only way to be able to teach our children our love that we have for them is the English language"

He's been here for a year, his English will be basic to say the least, Abramovich has been living and working in the UK for years now, he must have a far better grasp on the language.

And this sudden explosiong of stories of Mourinho having Ben Haim forced upon him. Mourinho actively chased Ben Haim as a short term loan replacement for the second half of last season, he's a player he's admired for a while as a good second string defender. There was a big interview, I think in The Sunday Times where Mourinho was mouthing off because they spent loads of money on Boulharouz when he just wanted to spend a small amount of money on Ben Haim. This quote is from BBC Sport,

"Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho tried to sign Ben Haim in January and his failure to conclude a proposed 2m deal was cited as one of the main reasons behind his alleged rift with owner Roman Abramovich."

When you analyse it a bit closer, the Observer article appears to be more of a hatchet job from some Mourinho associates rather than a big inside exclusive. The information came just a day after Mourinho's press-conference-in-a-car-park for friendly Portuguese journalists.

I'm not a fan of John Terry but the story is starting to stink a bit.

Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't say he was translating into English - is it possible he was translating into French? (I have no idea if Shevchenko speaks French, or how good Essien's English is - but I do agree that it seems odd if after all this time Abramovich can't speak English.)
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

Why would the "Mourinho associates" do "a hatchet job" on Terry then?
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC