This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » John Terry is revolting (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: John Terry is revolting
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I don't speak English, my wife does not speak Ukrainian - the only language we have in common at the moment is Italian. The only way to be able to teach our children our love that we have for them is the English language"

He's been here for a year, his English will be basic to say the least, Abramovich has been living and working in the UK for years now, he must have a far better grasp on the language.

abramovich has been living and working in abramovich-land for the last 10 years. there is no need for him to speak english and no occasion for him to learn it, unless he actually took lessons. shevchenko has been taking lessons, he lives with an english-speaking wife, and he's worked in an english-speaking environment for more than a year. by now he should easily have the vocabulary to say "you pass ball wide they have 70 percent men centre 30 percent men wide".

the sun story came from ian mcgarry, ghost writer of totally frank.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
what's his name, the number 10....
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I thought he got the ball.

Fair enough. Replays have shown he didn't though, and no-one has seriously disputed that it was a clear penalty. And had it been given it wouold have been hard to complain about a red card being given.

Swings and roundabouts.

Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as for the ref:

joe cole on evra: should have been a penalty

mikel red card: correct decision, i agreed with steveeee's reading of it

joe cole booking: should have been a straight red

ben haim on saha: he touched him, but saha dived. if saha had stayed up - like rooney in the first five minutes - there would have been no foul, but ben haim was clumsy and saha exploited the situation. it's annoying to see a penalty given for that but they frequently are. major harry said he blames michael owen - i assume he meant it was similar to the peno owen won against argentina in sapporo. also a bit like the one rooney won against arsenal a couple of years back.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
However, it seem less bizarre to me that Abramovich would use Sheva as a go-between or ask for advice on how to convey a tactical point.

That's a good point actually. Even if Abramovich has reasonable English, he would be unlikely to know how to communicate tactical nuances in any language other than Russian. Thus, it makes sense that he would go to Shevchenko for advice on this, as (presumable) the only Russian speaker in the squad.

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, does Grant speak Russian?
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that cutesy "referring to all my family in line with my screen name" thing tends to (thankfully) stay on World.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It does?

Yes, generally. At least I hope I'm correct.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Erm . . . .
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
it will be interesting to see if Terry really does sue the paper, a signficant portion of such threats
Has he threated to do so then? I didn't see his "statement" materialise.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

Someone mentioned such a threat earlier in the thread.
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, generally. At least I hope I'm correct.

You're not a fan, then? I quite like it myself. I hadn't noticed it being confined to World, I must admit.

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would assume that abramovich speaks hebrew, given his attachment to israel.

What a pathetic attempt at a defence for Evra's and Saha's playacting.

where exactly did evra play act. for the red card, he had two choices, stay where he was and get both feet broken, or get out of the way. Cole chopped him down from behind for the penalty.

and fuck chelsea. if a forward plays fair against chelsea all that is going to happen is that carvalho will pull his hair, and ben haim will check his prostate when the ref is looking the other way. it is difficult to feel sympathy for a team who have built a large part of their defensive strategy around cynical rotational fouling.

Their new manager is if anything even less corinthian than jose, his israel team were revies leeds without the skill and with twice the spite.

[ 24.09.2007, 16:42: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

quote:
You're not a fan, then? I quite like it myself. I hadn't noticed it being confined to World, I must admit.
I find it all a bit icky, really.

[ 24.09.2007, 16:43: Message edited by: Major Harry Truscott ]

TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do people keep talkign about "feeling sympathy" for Chelsea? I don't feel any sympathy for Chelsea at all, never have, never will.

Saha is a cheating wanker.

Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chelsea play extremely fast and loose with the rules of the game, particularly when it comes to defending. You will be at a severe competitive disadvantage against them unless you are prepared to counter their systematic cheating with some of your own, particularly given the subtle and sneaky nature of a lot of their 'defending'.

Perhaps louis was sick of being the honest fall guy getting the shit kicked out of him whenever he got into a goalscoring opportunity.

[ 24.09.2007, 16:52: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

grant doesn't speak russian. his parents were polish and iranian. some english papers reported he did speak russian around the time there was talk of him coming to chelsea to reignite shevchenko's flickering mojo, but israeli journos i spoke to assured me that wasn't true.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC