This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » we've done books, let's do magazines (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: we've done books, let's do magazines
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Football Monthly was very good. I am not quite old enough for the Buchan version, but the mid 80s version (which "incorporated" something, in the tradition of the time), was really quite good. It gave me hope that there was more that Shoot!.

Guerin Sportivo is probably still worth it if you don't live here and can read Italian. Given that the Gazzetta is now publishing a 36 page supplement on youth and amateur football every Monday, even that angle has been "done" by the time it comes out.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pawlu: I think that I came back and said that the Astrid one didn't really say much more beyond what I expect a fan already knew. If I didn't do so, my mistake.

[ 29.09.2007, 22:09: Message edited by: Pietro Paolo Virdis ]

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pawlu
Member # 1406

- posted      Profile for pawlu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ursus, didn't know about Gazzetta's youth supplement and will check that out. Talking of Shoot, when I see it at the newsagent I occasionally flick through it for old times' sake! Hasn't changed that much although they seem to try to be more serious. Is Match still published?

PPV: don't recall seing that message. Thanks anyway and any thoughts of restarting the translations?

Posts: 113 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pawlu, you may not be able to get it in Malta.

It comes out every Monday in regional editions. I'd be happy to send you a copy of the Milano one if you pm me a postal address.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Match is still published. But I'm not convinced it should be.
Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC