This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Segregation at Victory Park, Chorley (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Segregation at Victory Park, Chorley
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

The most unnecessary police line ever?

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GIK
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for GIK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly enough I had friends on both sides of that line on Saturday.
Posts: 5389 | From: Cheshire with Love | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Football fans, you can't trust 'em
Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bogzilla
Member # 6317

- posted      Profile for Bogzilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look at that woman in the red coat (centre of picture). She's definitely 'up for it'. Trouble brewing, no doubt about it...
Posts: 435 | From: An office | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Hahaha. Is this what they call targeted advertising?

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that child wearing a Manchester United shirt?
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

Yeah. There's lots of that. The club was set up by and for Manchester United supporters after all.
Gonzo
Member # 1592

- posted      Profile for Gonzo         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well. You can't have everything.
Posts: 2962 | From: The Pale, Erin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

But there's really no problem with it. As I must explain on here every two weeks or so.
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love that picture EIM, you should mail it to Dave Whelan...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PR7th Heaven
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for PR7th Heaven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unbelievable, wasn't it? Lancashire's finest doing their best to annoy everyone in the ground. Fans were mixing all round the ground, but for some reason the police feel it necessary to make a stand.

The police insisted on the segregation, and stated that the main stand and Pilling Lane end (shown on the photos) were for the 200 or so home fans, with the FC United fans given the other half of the ground, which is more than enough room, but that's not the point. They tried to enforce this with about four officers, a few hired stewards who couldn't really care less, and no fences. Unsurprisingly this didn't do the trick when the teams swapped ends, but for some reason the police tried to "hold" the Pilling Lane end for about 10 minutes of the second half, before seeing sense and letting the fans stand in the empty stand instead of right next to it.

At times, it seemed that segregation was also enforced between Chorley's defence and FCUM's forwards, who scored three but could have had as many as they'd wanted. Fortunately they chose to ease off and, in a move somewhere between patronising and touching, brought on Chorley hero Phil Power, who starred for us in the Conference 18 years ago, and is now FC's assistant manager, to another ex-Chorley player Karl Marginson.

We look like we're going down already, despite a massively increased playing budget from last season. FCUM will go up easily enough I should think, they were the best team I've seen, above Skelmersdale United.

Posts: 906 | From: The other end of Stretford | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So why are your cops still wearing those easter eggs on their heads? Chasing a thief down an alley it must be hell ballancing that unpractical piece on thy head.

And what's with some wearing it and other not, is it a clique thing?

[ 02.10.2007, 02:08: Message edited by: Pietro Paolo Virdis ]

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the woman cop wearing? It looks like one of those Peruvian hats.
Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sportinguista
Member # 1693

- posted      Profile for sportinguista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always thought police women's uniforms were specifically designed to avoid love affairs at work. Not even Miss World would look sexy in one of those.
Posts: 995 | From: my Valladolid exile | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe she was cut adrift from a hen party
Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC