This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » African Cup of Nations 2008 (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: African Cup of Nations 2008
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you leave Odonkey Abbey alone. Jesus, he's enormous for a ghanaian.

[ 23.01.2008, 22:58: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nil a fhios agam
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Nil a fhios agam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wikipedia pages are crap. Big sections on his Chelsea career and a little one for his sojourn in Qatar but no specific section for his Milan and Marseille career. Pfft!
Posts: 921 | From: Fair City | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Who have we got today, then?

Love this competition.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Wikipedia page on Desailly is pretty sad. His time at Milan constituted the best years of his career, and it is barely mentioned in passing.

he's enormous for a ghanaian.

The Ghana team at the last World Cup was full of big lads.

[ 24.01.2008, 14:09: Message edited by: Lieutenant Frank Drebin ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today we have:

Guinea v Morocco 1700
Ghana v Namibia 1930

Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers, Jorge.

Is this on any channel other than Eurosport?
I can't bear that commentator.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else but can someone tell me what some of the nicknames for the teams mean in English?

Specifically Bafana Bafana (SA), Chipolopolo (Zambia), The Palancas Negros (Angola), Syli Nationale (Guinea).

And why, of all the fearsome/dangerous animals that must live in the country, did Benin choose the (fantastic) nickname 'The Squirrels'?

Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bafana Bafana is "the boys"; Palancas Negras are "Black Antelopes" (in Portuguese); and Chipolopo is Copper Bullets.

Don't know what Syli is, or why Benin chose Squirrels, though the latter are frequently used in French speaking countries as symbols of thrift.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Syli means "elephant" I think.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ursus, I'm looking forward to watching some more of the tournament over the weekend.

Come on you Squirrels!

Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

Where is the next one being held?

Is it in 2010, and if so before or after the World Cup in South Africa?

Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2010 in Angola, before the WC.

I wonder if they'll do thing they did for WC06, where qualification for the ACoN and World Cup qualification is combined.

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's already been decided.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a game this is!

Guinea just gone 2-0 up, but Morocco score a belter to pull one back.

This is a superb tournament. I'm pissed off because I have to take this missus to Rugby to watch Sweeney Todd and can't watch the Ghana match later on.

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

Penalty to Guinea!
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC