This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Championship romp to victory, relegation or indeed mediocrity (a.k.a Wolves) (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The Championship romp to victory, relegation or indeed mediocrity (a.k.a Wolves)
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
along with Watford being cack at penalties.
Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And Scunthorpe losing to Blackpool.
Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for glass half empty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whilst whiling away a dull Sunday I thought some updated speculation was needed on Division 2 and I came up with the following table:

It is created by carrying forward current form (the last 8 matches) onto the next 16 matches and adding the current league position and points. It therefore represents a position for the table after 43 games, 42 in Coventry and Wednesday's cases.

Team Pts
Bristol City (2) 82
Crystal Palace (6) 81
West Bromwich Albion(1) 80
Cardiff City (8) 77
Stoke City (4) 72
Watford (3) 69
Charlton Athletic (5) 67
Norwich City (18) 63
Ipswich Town (7) 62
Hull City (10) 60
Blackpool (16) 59
Queens Park Rangers(20) 58
Southampton (13) 56
Plymouth Argyle (9) 54
Burnley (11) 53
Preston North End (22) 51
Sheffield United (14) 51
Barnsley (15) 48
Leicester City (19) 46
Coventry City (17) 46
Wolverhampton Wndrs(12) 45
Scunthorpe United (23) 39
Colchester United (24) 38
Sheffield Wednesday(21) 38

Plenty of holes can be shot through it of course but nonetheless an unexpected top two and the bottom three are reasonably clear. Shoot away, it is after all only a dull Sunday.

Posts: 79 | From: Evesham | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pretty sure you've got the right team at the bottom. Less sure about the one at the top.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for glass half empty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Palace and Wolves are top and bottom of the current form table and yesterday's result was clear enough. It's difficult to see either run continuing on to the end of the season though. Having said that I've got a Wolves supporting pal whose getting pretty desperate.
Posts: 79 | From: Evesham | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houdi Elbow
Member # 126

- posted      Profile for Houdi Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If we continue to turn in performances like yesterdays then 38 points is wildly optimistic. Laws selected a team to lose the game - Leon Clarke in the starting line up. I despair.
Posts: 879 | From: ATV Land | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a reason I lost interest in posting to this thread isn't there. Watford's spectacular grinding halt. Matches against Southampton and Sheffield Wednesday apart.

Bah.

Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houdi Elbow
Member # 126

- posted      Profile for Houdi Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watford were poor against Wednesday, but like on Saturday we were even worse.
Posts: 879 | From: ATV Land | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitter Happier
Member # 172

- posted      Profile for Fitter Happier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not looking good down at Molineux, though we've got to give McCarthy time. His team selection's odd but a win could turn things round, I feel. We actually played much better on Saturday than we have for a long while.

The fans have their scapegoats (Stephen Ward, Jay Bothroyd, Darren Potter, Neil Collins) and whilst none of them is tearing up any trees, it's our captain Karl Henry who I'm most worried about. He gets totally overrun in midfield and on the rare occasion he does get the ball he invariably gives it away again. But that's alright, because he's a Wolves fan. The 4 I mentioned above are getting so much abuse though, which helps absolutely nothing.

We get what we deserve.

Posts: 2717 | From: her to eternity | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
our home form appears to have died. oh well, it was good while it lasted.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

Don't worry, you've got Watford soon, something should change for one of the teams there.
Zorg the Leveller
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Zorg the Leveller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got my eyes on the double-header with Wolves in a couple of weeks being the cure for one team's problems...
Posts: 84 | From: Watford | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cosa arancione calda
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for cosa arancione calda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
our home form appears to have died. oh well, it was good while it lasted.

The last two home games have brought four points from six against two of the top four. Not so bad really, is it?

Wait for it to die properly. It won't be long.

Posts: 645 | From: High on a hill looking down | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barney ain't best pleased.
Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

Ipswich's home record dies just as they start winning on the road.

Wolves appear to be blowing 7th place though.

AND Watford have managed to win 2 home games in a row. It doesn't say much for the division that we manage to get back to the top spot after 3 wins in a row having previously gone nearly 3 months without a home win.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC