This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Sheffield United fan enters public art competition (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sheffield United fan enters public art competition
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick Caborn's plan for the Tinsley cooling towers site

The giant football will be in place of the cooling towers behind John Harkes and Tony Meola in this picture:

-

Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I worked there for a few weeks in 1993. It cant possibly look any dafter than the Gateshead Flasher. Gets my vote.
Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for glass half empty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No the real Sheffield United fans want to bring this one back from Baghdad and put this across the M1.

-

Posts: 79 | From: Evesham | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for this, 50 metres high:

-

Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for glass half empty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's bloody awful isn't it? Does BR stand for Bacchus Reborn?

Just off to take training by the look of it.

Posts: 79 | From: Evesham | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

As if he ever drinks anything that needs boiling.
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he needs it for his still.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is one shitto 4.99 from Wilkinson cheap and nasty kettle isn't it?

It's exactly like the one I bought for when I went to university.

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A kettle is an excellent way of transporting a litre of white rum around a workplace without arousing immediate suspicion. An open bottle with "Bacardi" labels on the side is much harder to pass off. Tactical genius, that is.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A kettle is an excellent way of transporting a litre of white rum around a workplace without arousing immediate suspicion.

Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

That reminds me of the only occasion I was a guest in a corporate box. It was at Villa in the mid nineties and when we settled down to watch the match I was a little surprised to be offered a gin and tonic in a tea cup. The reason given was that when the rules about not drinking in sight of the pitch were first introduced the box owner (a transport firm in the Black Country somewhere)had been enjoying a beer with some guests when a knock on the door signalled the arrival of plod who promptly arrested him. They had spotted him with the video surveillance drinking from the bottle.
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those grey 500ml bottles certain varieties of coke and Virgin Cola come in are perfect for smuggling booze into a game.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sheffield Wednesday fan behind the times shock!
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

My thread has better alternatives.

We could have this one arranged round the roundabout at junction 31:

-

Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who's the slapper in the black?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC