This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Sunday is the new Thursday (For 5 a side football) (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Sunday is the new Thursday (For 5 a side football)
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.
Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, be good to see you, Greg. I need to buy some trainers, which is a sign of how good I'll be. Hi tech silver shadows are the order of the day, I reckon. Anyone know where I can get those for 20 in London.
Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I don't find them I'll be playing in my old pumps/decorating shoes.
Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What time is the pitch booked for?
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I see. 1-2pm.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

Anyone seen my other football sock?
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No comments on yesterday's unique display of footballing mediocrity? This is where we really miss Wingco.

Highligts:

1. You Are The Ref preventing a certain goal with a quip that put EIM so off balance that he missed the ball completely.

2. Heston Bee leaving me on my arse about eight times and smashing the ball against the post from miles out.

3. Tubby Isaacs' running commentary of the action. At one point, when I rather jammily took the ball off his toe, he exclaimed "He's nipped in and taken the ball!", a bit like he was a spectator in a Billy The Fish cartoon strip. Great stuff from the newcomer.

4. The fact that it was cold enough for me to finally wear my long-sleeve Torino shirt.

5. Hamman having a fit of giggles that took him out of the game for about five minutes. This the result of EIM's observation that an attempted header by Tratorello made him look like the poster for his comedy night.

6. The return of EIM and his dedictation to wearing shorts long after the match had finished, in frankly bollock-freezing conditions.

7. Tratorello's beard.

8. Hofzinser's patience in being the only member of our team to bother trying to defend, despite us being a man down (two men, if you factor in Hamman's attack of the giggles).

9. I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but I reckon I was instrumental in setting up at least 9 of our opponents' goals by either being disposessed or giving the ball away.

10. Ooh-Aah's gammy knee. The only man to give blood for the cause. May explain why it took his so fucking long to get changed after.

11. Tubby and Hamman's enormous roast dinners, complete with supporting parsnips; "a mountain of beef" indeed.

Anyway, I'll book another pitch for two Sunday's time (2 December). Hopefully, Wingco can spend the next fortnight in an oxygen tent to get that ankle fixed.

[ 19.11.2007, 15:34: Message edited by: Big Dave's Gusset ]

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A fine summary there, and decent game yesterday - although far too one-sided, it must be said. The twin advantages of an extra man and Heston Bee on the other team were too much for us to overcome.

Great to get back into the swing of it though - bring on the next game!

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

- posted      Profile for Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lowlights

* The Warrington being shut
* The pub that we went to being a bit shit
* Today

Posts: 10341 | From: London Overground | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hamman, I think you should create South Park characters for our newest players.
Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan
Member # 39

Will do. But probably not at work.
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed it immensely, well played chaps.

My personal highlight was forgetting myself and shouting out "Man on!" as EIM was about to be tackled by one of my defenders when I was in goal.

Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I was late; I really can't believe it takes so long to drive such a short distance. Missing the turning off the A40 didn't help much.

Really nice, if brief, to meet you all, though I'm struggling to remember who was who, particularly on the opposition (BDG's) team, except for Hamann who introduced himself twice. Which were EIM and Dr Hofzinser? Can't we have names on the backs of our shirts?

Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

I was the one in the red shirt. The FC United one. I scored a marvellous hattrick, let in some of the sloppiest goals ever, and spent much of the match laughing at my ineptitude.
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was the one in the Andres Escoabr-vintage Colombia shirt.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC