This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The Duck Predictor - Kaka or Denilson? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Duck Predictor - Kaka or Denilson?
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EIM, to be honest, only in the Lokomotiv Moscow tournament and a few games in the U20 WC where he ruled the stage together with Freddy Adu.

And Namechanger, you have your own overhyped Rooney to worry about. There's like 20 threads you can dig out here which claimed he would be god's gift to football, and he's delivered shite so far.

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are you talking about?
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being as silly as you

quote:
Will he be as good as Yoann Gourcuff?

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the Gourcuff comparisons are wide of the mark. Maybe the Duck will turn out to be . . .

<drum roll>

. . . the new Claudio Borghi.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

And you are the new Pekmez Batak, the greatly unfamous due to not being funny, Bulgarian silent movie "comedian" who starred in two films. One being the 5min version of the longer 13min version. Neither ever making it beyond the two shows displayed during a very quiet night at his brothel.

[ 28.12.2007, 00:09: Message edited by: Pietro Paolo Virdis ]

Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

You and AIATL have an obsession with this "the new", don't you? Everyone is someone who's already been, to you.
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe he could be the new luis oliveira?
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

You are the new Toro ultra light
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

You mean Ricardo Oliveira, AIATL.

Luis Oliveira was quite useful for Cagliari and Belgium, back in the day.

and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, yes I do. Wasn't he rather a lot older than he claimed to be as well?
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
etimontour
Member # 1181

- posted      Profile for etimontour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like he'll be more Kaka than Denilson judging on last nights performance. Well taken goal, numerous other chances, not bad considering the amazing amount of (unfair) hype generated for his first game, which was in front of a near sell-out at the san siro. Big pressure for a 18 year old to handle to he seemed unfazed by it all.
Posts: 54 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, a highly impressive debut and more than any rational Milanista could have anticipated. I expected to be impressed with his pace, but what stood out for me last night was his ability to shoot on the run. The goal was by some distance his least impressive shot of the night. And Milan's five goals were two more than they had scored in the league at home all season.

It will be interesting to see whether he (and Ronaldo) can maintain their form and how the team develops for the rest of the season.

And as I've noted elsewhere, the matches with Arsenal are looking a lot more entertaining than they did before Christmas.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
etimontour
Member # 1181

- posted      Profile for etimontour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was reported that he shed a tear when he scored his goal, didn't see it myself, but if he did then it shows how much pressure was placed upon him in the lead up to this game, not helped by comments from within Milan aswell.

Ursus, do you know what the story is with Gourcuff? Apparently he did very well in Dubai and in training lately and even Uncle Silvio was praising him. Is he finally showing some promise?
Or will he get more playing time now?

Posts: 54 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He definitely welled up, and I think at least one tear came out. More of relief than anything else, I would think, as the rest of the team was trying to feed him chances for most of the match, and he had been stoned two or three times by Iezzo.

Gourcuff is the great Milan enigma. There are periodically reports of him being impressive in training and friendlies, yet it is very difficult for him to get a game given the fact that Seedorf and Pirlo have been their two best players so far this season and that Kaka is Kaka. That seems even less likely to change post-Pato, given that I really don't think the Duck will work as a lone striker, and last night also demonstrated that they are very susceptible to counter-attacks.

Gilardino must be feeling very lonely today.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

Oh he looks great alright.

Look at how he fooled the keeper.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC