This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » OTF League Manager Game - Season 3 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: OTF League Manager Game - Season 3
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Xpert Eleven

New players have to sign-up and then apply for a spot in the league. Search for this League ID: 108391

All new teams will be accepted, so don't worry about that.

League will be at least 2 divisions for the new season, with new teams going in at the lowest division. Structure will stay the same if possible (1 top flight league, 2 lower feeder leagues). If a lot of new people join, we'll go to 3 leagues.

Teams with managers who haven't logged-in in over a month will be dropped from the league before the season starts.

Cardiff Dragons (Etienne) have already locked up their 2nd consecutive league victory. Season 2 new-comers Csiki Monkeys (ad hoc) won the first ever Cup.

Expected start to the new season is approximately two weeks.

(Dirty Trix will be turned off for Season 3.)

[ 12.03.2008, 13:15: Message edited by: Matej ]

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HORN
Member # 204

- posted      Profile for HORN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to continue please, Matej, but I'll be offline until Jan 6.
Posts: 2404 | From: Sgeti | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That answer is basically exactly the same as mine.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be continuing. Be good to have some more new people though, see if they can match ad hoc's great start.
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spence Broughton
Member # 88

- posted      Profile for Spence Broughton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be in. As manager of the only team to even pretend to challenge Cardiff Dragons' dominance this season, I really feel the league needs me.

People should join this, because it really is good, and takes up minimal time and effort.

Posts: 1161 | From: Ippo again | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could have easily beaten Etienne to the title if the rest of you would just have stopped beating me.

The league probably will be set-up to begin around Jan 8th or so, but most managers don't really have to worry about logging in before that unless you haven't logged in at all for a long time.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still in, and hoping that adhoc imparts some of his coaching skills to his League 1a competitors. I look at his squad, and have no idea how he does it.
Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SamLKelly
Member # 6163

- posted      Profile for SamLKelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the process of registering, but why won't it let me select a country of residence that isn't the USA? I don't live there!
Posts: 355 | From: Exiled in North Somerset | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

No idea why it would be doing that Sam. Strange glitch of some kind.
SamLKelly
Member # 6163

- posted      Profile for SamLKelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I've had a look on the forum and it seems to be something common to AOL users. I've emailed the admin people and asked them to change it.
Posts: 355 | From: Exiled in North Somerset | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jon/juan
Member # 1057

- posted      Profile for jon/juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in again, whether I get promoted or not. It's going to the wire, this one - Steaua Bridge fans are being urged to bring their transistor radios and abacuses for the must-win last match of the season on Friday.

What dglh said about ad hoc's team - how does he do it with a squad like that?

[ 23.12.2007, 00:02: Message edited by: jon/juan ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure there's no big secret, just luck. It seems to me after one season's worth of observation that a lot of this game is about streaks - if you're on a winning streak you stay on it, and if you're on a losing streak you stay on it. Look at the Dodgers in 1A for example. They started crap, hit a hot streak, and then once the streak was over they dropped like a stone. I'm just fortunate enough to have not fallen off my streak.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's broadly right, but I think the key is managing to make the little adjustments required to start a good streak or halt a bad one.
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willie1Foot
Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Willie1Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in again, if only to at least attempt to get immediate promotion after my disappointing relegation.
Posts: 3221 | From: the shores of Botany Bay | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HORN
Member # 204

- posted      Profile for HORN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Streaks, eh?

Hornville's record this year:

L-L-L-L-L-L-L

followed by

W-W-D-W-W-W-?

Posts: 2404 | From: Sgeti | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC