This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » OTF League Manager Game - Season 3 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: OTF League Manager Game - Season 3
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Hornville have miraculously escaped relegation.
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because of the uneven numbers, the 1st and 2nd division have a long end of season break (4 weeks).
Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will they get any cup games before the league starts?
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not likely. If I set up the cup today, the first cup games would be tomorrow. Not particularly fair.

Should be time for a friendly if people want one.

I'm considering delaying the start up the cup until a bit later in the season. Thoughts?

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wildridings stayed up! How did they manage that? I am not proposing a legal case against the administration, but my board and sponsors want answers!
Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnb098mnb
Member # 1484

- posted      Profile for mnb098mnb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Wildridings manager it is an unexpected bonus to be in Division 2. I was hoping for a season in the basement so I could win a couple of matches. Looks like I'm in for a season of struggle.

[ 03.01.2008, 21:09: Message edited by: mnb098mnb ]

Posts: 431 | From: Bracknell | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

I think Wildridings was the lucky one to take advantage of the 1 team team shift upwards that also helped Hornville.

CTT really should appeal the decision.

Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm considering delaying the start up the cup until a bit later in the season. Thoughts?
That sounds good. Maybe let teams get at least about 4 games played before starting the cup. Is it possible to have one round just dedicated to the cup--a week off from league games?
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bogzilla
Member # 6317

- posted      Profile for Bogzilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inca,

After the cup thrashing you gave me last season, I think I'll concentrate on the league or, more particularly, on succesfully signing a player.

Posts: 435 | From: An office | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

Not really Inca. The only option is to postpone the league, which pushes all games back.
Etienne
Member # 95

God, BAN, what did Peter Saarelainen do in the three days Puolimatkan employed him for to piss you off so much?
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well now Puolimatkan are in the top flight we can't be messing around with uncommitted players. Saarelainen was offered every opportunity to undertake the same fitness regime as the rest of the squad (four types of anabolic steroids and a bucketful of creatine), but he stubbornly refused.

Alright then, I got another young defensive talent with the same skill level but three years younger.

Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

Bump to remind everyone that the season starts today.

Well, for everyone except Cardiff Dragons anyway. I can only imagine that Matej has approved my plan of having the Dragons as a one team superleague.

Matej
Member # 219

Heh, I hadn't notice Cardiff wasn't playing in the first fixtures.

I think that means Cardiff won't be playing in the last week of fixtures either. Better hope you have it wrapped up by then.

Division 1 should be crazy this year.

ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This season is starting too soon for me. By the time I realised it was going to be on again so soon (and I was back from holidays) it's been too late to tweak much.

If this sounds like I'm getting my excuses in early for my defeat at the Discodrome, then that's because it's exactly what it is.

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC