This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Anyone here a friendly ticket tout? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Anyone here a friendly ticket tout?
goldstone97
Member # 4318

- posted      Profile for goldstone97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been to a Premier League game since the early 1990s, and the fact one has to plan far ahead of time these days to get a ticket escaped me as I'm back in England for a few days this Christmas and fancied going to see Spurs play at home on the 29th.

Ay tips on how to get two tickets to the match without getting badly gouged (let's remember I'm a graduate student visiting from abroad) and giving all my money to a tout?

Posts: 1418 | From: not the friendly confines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To add to Goldstone's request, the game is against Reading.

I am not sure how big a turn out they will bring, with the offset of locality against not being a big game as such.

I have always been offered tickets on the way up to the ground, but can't offer much insight into how much they would be.

And Goldstone, in dollar terms, you are always going to get gouged at a EPL game!

Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spurs seem to have been pretty much a sell-out all season - their lowest Premiership attendance is in the 35,600s and White Hart Lane only holds 36,200.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a guy with a big sign at Piccadilly Circus tube station who advertises football tickets.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come up to Wigan, we play Aston Villa, tickets are 15 and they will be some left, guaranteed...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pretend Best Friend
Member # 3223

- posted      Profile for Pretend Best Friend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you aren't fussed about which end you're in you could try calling Reading for an away ticket.

Doesn't look like they are sold out yet

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/AwayGames/0,,10306,00.html

Posts: 408 | From: The Office, Slough | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

- posted      Profile for goldstone97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks folks. I'm particularly keen on being at the Spurs match and not in the Reading end as I'm rather partial to the Lillywhites, or as much as I can be to any Premier League team (unless Brighton ever make it there, obviously).

But as dglh notes, the state of the dollar restricts my spending for this mission. Which makes me think perhaps I should just go and take in a local nonleague match somewhere in Sussex...Any tips on that front for this weekend?

Posts: 1418 | From: not the friendly confines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lewes v Havant & Waterlooville in the Conference South might be the best bet there. Havant are mid-table, but have reached the FA Cup third round, and Lewes went top yesterday.

Or Horsham v Margate in the Isthmian League, Margate are in the playoffs, but no team has played more. Horsham are 13th, but have games in hand on everybody.

Bognor Regis Town v Basingstoke is the other game in the Conference South, but Bognor are struggling, and Basingstoke are on the edge of the playoffs.

[ 27.12.2007, 11:52: Message edited by: Phoebe Disco ]

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

Thanks, Phoebe. I think I'll try to make it over to Lewes; I can't resist a ground called "The Dripping Pan" now, can I?
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd suggest Lewes, too. Horsham is an absolute pig to get to from Brighton (I should know - my parents live there). By contrast, you can see The Dripping Pan from Lewes station. I may be at a loose end this Saturday - give me a shout if you fancy some company for it.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try the London Gumtree website. I used Gumtree to find match tickets int he home end of teams I visit when I can't get in the Leeds end - normally at face value too...
Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and they let you take beer out onto the terrace behind the goal with you, too.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

Thanks Battylad, I'll have a look there.

200%, will drop you a line depending what I end up doing.

Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet
Member # 6498

- posted      Profile for Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a ticket for Newcastle Home at White Hart Lane outside the ground for 10 under face value, just after the game had kicked off. Is it worth the risk of waiting?
Posts: 714 | From: Anglesey, North Wales | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morgan
Member # 92

- posted      Profile for morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't help you with a spare ticket Goldstone97 but if you do get lucky with a ticket, please allow extra time to get to WHL as the Victoria Line is partially closed. Try Brighton to London Bridge and then the overland train.
Posts: 2109 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC