This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The day we ruled Wembley

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The day we ruled Wembley
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes you have to find ways to turn a low into a high, and our win at Wembley will serve as a saviour for years to come. I was shown loads of clips yesterday of our crowd singing, mates who were there, can't find them, but I must brag anyway. How bloody brilliant they were.

one

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hahahahahahahaha

They're at our embassy in Moscow!

hahahahahahaha

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Trafalgar Square one looks like wildcat strike action by members of the tablecloth manufacturers' union.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

Rogin, if you would just get your thumb out your arse, get over here, I'd introduce you to Croats, and Croatian laides, you would never want to hang with other but Croatians, and you'd fall in love all over again.

[ 27.12.2007, 05:38: Message edited by: Pietro Paolo Virdis ]

Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

Oj Zagoro, lijepa li si
Slavonijo, zlatna ti si
Herceg-Bosno, srce ponosno
Dalmacijo, more moje
jedna duöa a nas dvoje
pozdrav Liko, velebita diko
lijepa li si

Rođo, jebeö sve ostalo!

Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

WC party
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

WE OWN WEMBLEY!

The biggest scalp to be had in sports, and we own it!

You have no clue....

Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gratifying to hear it said that, despite never actually winning a major international football tournament away from these shores, beating England at football can still be referred to as "the biggest scalp to be had in sports".

Seppings' retainer would be justifiably proud.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

Rogin, it's hard to explain, but I was supposed to be at that game. Had it not been I am in the midst of other worries, I would have been there, and demanded that you join to see how a real party is held.

Seriously, though, I had loads of mates who were there, and it's among the biggest things they have experienced. It's up there among Dinamo beating Partizan 5-0, Croatia beating Germany 3-0 in the 1998 WC, Croatia toying with Italy in the EC qualifires, at Sicilly, Boban kung-fu kicking the cop and part of starting the war for independence when Dinamo met Red Star Belgrade at Maksimir in Zagreb. It's up there, it's huge.

Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

Ask garcia, we know how to party, proper.

I don't know what it is with English, and don't mean to be rude, but so very often I meet proper twats from your side. I mean, Scotland, Ireland, it's so damn close, never met anything but truly nice blokes from there. Down at the pub yesterday, guess what, three lads visiting from England, Manchester Utd supporters watching the game, shouting about how Scousers are the shite of the world, sat next to a Swedish girl, a lovely one, who happened to be a Chelsea fan, and they were just giving her a fucking tough time, messing with her all the time, acting twatish. Itís so damn aggressive all the time when you meet English. Negative and aggressive. Well, not all, but too often.

Funny thing one of them had a knitted fuckoffed cap on his head, like the little they covered tea pots in the 18th century, he looked like a bloody gnome, and heís acting cocky. Laughable, he was. A proper shitehead, picking on a 20ish girl, the littlepenised one.

Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

"Manchester Utd supporters watching the game, shouting about how Scousers are the shite of the world"

You must have been on this board long enough to realise that's the primary joy Man U fans take in supporting football. It's all about beating Liverpool, and singing songs about building bonfires for Scousers, that would be viewed as frankly nationalist if not racist hate-chants if there was actually a border halfway along the East Lancs Road.

Man U fans will spontaneously burst into a joyful rendition of "Gary Neville is a Red, he hates Scousers" when they're playing Reading. It's all very strange, and pitiful, really.

Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christ. It's as if you don't have a Manchester United obsession yourself.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, who?
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

Sorry if that came out like I think all English are bastards, which of course I didn't mean, it's really just the way I've seen it happen here.

The two pubs I frequent are both of them always attracting British tourists, and visitors from The Shamrock states. Never have I once met, or noticed a Scottish or Irish there who acted rude. Always very nice. Meet a clique of 4-5 mates and theyíll end up giving you goodbye (manly)* hugs. But when itís English visitors, itís a 9/10 chance of them being intimidating, rude, after the 5th beer looking for a proper bar fight, and just picking on whoeverís stood closest.

Like with the young girl yesterday. I was about to tell the man to fuck off, because she was proper scared the way he was on her over the Chelsea shirt she was wearing, and her boyfriend was paralyzed like a cracked up Koala with a spear up his bum, so he wasnít helping.

Iíve come to appreciate the very blunt British humour, and often when people say things it isnít them being rude, itís the way of joking. But Iím not talking about that here. Thereís a finger-pointing, crass, attacking style mentality often seen when youíre among English, and itís intriguing how people so close, like Welsh, Irish and Scottish, have a completely different way when abroad.

Itís interesting how when abroad and someoneís wearing a Celtic shirt, passing by a group of English lads, theyíll not be able to keep quiet, at least one of them will feel the urge to say that the shirt is shite, while a bunch of Scottish, or Irish, a man walking past in an England shirt, you will hardly ever, if ever, hear abuse shouted.

Us Croats are not perfect, so itís not intended as which people are great and which are not. Hope itís not taken as that.

Edit: * Or gay, who gives a shit if they're from the heart.

[ 27.12.2007, 16:12: Message edited by: Pietro Paolo Virdis ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC