This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » shakes head in disbelief...thinks for a moment..shrugs shoulders (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: shakes head in disbelief...thinks for a moment..shrugs shoulders
Joe Public
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Joe Public     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More like 'Cava' football, really.

Gets the job done.

Posts: 4524 | From: The North-West Frontier | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Svengland were playing vena cava football.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Villain
Member # 468

- posted      Profile for Villain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does Johnny Depp have a scar where he changed his "Winona" tattoo to "Wino"?
Thats what Ive heard, but the tattoo was 'Winona for ever' which he changed to 'Wino for ever'

Top bloke.

Posts: 2049 | From: Croydon init | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ale
Member # 107

- posted      Profile for ale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not that its much consolation at the moment but always felt City would be hard to beat this season....backed them to win the Premier on a start of 38 points...

and before accusations of smugness are levelled I also had the same bet on us off 34 points...

they did the simple things well last night and thats not meant as grudging praise either...NUFC didnt play as badly as they have this season and at times moved the ball round well without really creating anything up front...City always looked purposeful once they got into the final third and played some nice one-touch football..
our creativity is out wide...Duff had a canny game as did N Zogbia further back but through the middle theres nothing..Butt & Faye can do little else but win the ball/disrupt the flow of a game while Viduka will still be completing his last turn of the night as I type...Martins offers a degree of pace/flexibility but often lacks a clear head or vision of players around him....

there was a lack of enthusiasm in the trudge to the ground and once inside this sullen mood remained...a bit of pantomine booing for the manager at the end but most seem resigned to stalemate over the next few months..Ashley has little appetite for the financial package it would cost to sever his manager & backroom staff but on the same grounds will not make any further cash available during the transfer window...

if can be arsed will reflect further on comments made on this thread(now theres a threat and bet you cant wait etc)...suffice to say its probably the longest thread Ive ever been responsible for on this board but from a personal point its car crash stuff best viewed from from behind interlocked fingers over the eyes...

Posts: 3315 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadsworth cloud
Member # 1513

- posted      Profile for shadsworth cloud     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dietmar hamann barely played a game last season because of "injury" and when he did play he was awful. i am a bit sceptical about these injuries and wonder was there some issue between him and pearce, something which seems quite plausible given their personalities
Posts: 183 | From: blackburn | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was it me, or did big Sam sound more like a football "fan" than a "manager" in his aftermatch comments last night. It was all "if the ref had not given the freekick 15 minuites before they scored then ..." and "It was a good shout for a Pen, but you know with a minute to go if we had scored it would have been 2-1 and you never know"...

I actually feel sorry for him, Cartoons will look back in 3 seasons time when they are in the lofty positions of 7th and 8th and think, we were right to keep going with him...

Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He didn't buy a single English player, despite them as a group being the players he would have known about best as he had been scouting them for his side for the previous job. One lovely line I read somewhere about this was "Without saying anything, Eriksson has never been more eloquent".
While I like the idea, I think it was driven by other things. City had a pretty strong domestic core to the team from the youth team, and - looking at the players he bought - he would have probably had to treble the money he spent to get players near the quality he did internationally.
Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
was there a single english player of any level of fame that would have moved to man city? Elano has 19 caps, I can't think of a player with that number of england caps that would have gone anywhere near city, and it's not like sven showed any real interest in the underage internationals is it? Given the quality of the youth players at the club there was no need.
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ale
Member # 107

- posted      Profile for ale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
''Cartoons will look back ''

oi BL have you not already been challenged on this..

do I go round pre-facing every comment on Leeds with the words 'dirty' or 'cheating' or 'Yorkshire Puddings' or 'violent scum' or 'Don Readies' etc etc...

Posts: 3315 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as "nicknames" for supporters goes, I always prefered cartoons to Barcoders or Geordie XY or Z, I never really saw it as an insult, more a freindly nudge - Surley Leeds fans aren't the only ones who changed your "Toon Toon army" song to "Cartoon army" as a gentle dig?
Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ale, if you were a real big club supporter, you would laugh off this ribbing as senseless badmind by the jealous small club supporter.

The fact that you allow yourself to get wound up proves that you are a small club supporter.

Newcastle aspire to be Spurs and spending above your means just so you can finish one or two places above us in the premiership will lead to financial ruin.
Like Leeds.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

When I first joined OTF there was a thread about Big club / Small club / Sleeping giants etc- it was a very good and funny read - can anyone recall it?
ale
Member # 107

I wasnt being that serious...to be fair can be seen how it can be construed as OTT..though no way to the extent that MX is portraying it...

but ...BL is one of the posters on here who talks a lot of sense and follows his team with an intensity but not necessarily bias that makes his posts worth reading...so personally its disappointing that he resorts to cheap & easy digs even if I know its not in a Fartle type way...

and interestingly BL the first time I heard the Cartoon Army jibe was at Elland Rd circa 1994(last minute equaliser depriving us of 3 points)..so you may well have been the first to bring it to our attention but it does tend to get more airings than elsewhere...

''Ale, if you were a real big club supporter, you would laugh off this ribbing as senseless badmind by the jealous small club supporter''

I class both NUFC & Leeds as big clubs so think this point is wrong on all counts...just as I class Spurs as a big club...

Battylad
Member # 1334

Ale, fair enough (though the google serch I just did gives Sunderland credit for the Cartoon Army jibe) Personally, I would love my club to be linked with that sort of nickname as opposed to what gets thrown my way!

I hate to also correct you, If a player who has the class of Berbatov says Spurs are not a "big" club, then we fans really must listen and Leeds are no longer in "Big club" land, though it pains me, reality bites and says we are back to the land of "Sleeping Giants"...

fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the one with these definitions.

A big club is one that hasn't won anything for a long time but its supporters think it ought to.

a massive club is a big club that's about to be relegated.

A sleeping giant used to be a big club that went through the massive club stage several years ago.

Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC