This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » What music style is your club? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What music style is your club?
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AC Milan is one of the classical masters, Verdi, perhaps.

Liverpool feel like a snotty pop outfit with thin ties, tight suits, white loafers, cocky attitude. When they win their award they walk up on stage and claim they’re the best ever and everyone else can bow down to their superiority.

Barcelona is disco

Juventus is Sting

Arsenal are a boy band

Middlesbrough are a James Blunt wannabe

Millwall are punk

this thread will die very soon

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Newcastle is Country music.

It's there, you know people listen to it and buy it, but you've never met one who has an album at home.

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

Chelsea

-

[ 30.12.2007, 12:53: Message edited by: Pietro Paolo Virdis ]

Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Celtic at the moment are like the entire back catalogue of Napalm Death remixed by Neil Landstrumm, except without the tunes.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bangor City are a Gruff Rhys album
Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
St Albans City - 2007/2008. They should be taking the pitch to this piece of music, this season.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ac milan, hmmm big in the late eighties early nineties. then a long period in the wilderness before a period back in the limelight over the last five years, but old age, infirmity and sickness are getting the better of them now. there's only one singer they could be....

-

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Add a glamorous female singer to PPV's description and he's nailed it. Liverpool are Blondie.

Huge in the late 70s/early 80s, with an elegance, class and style that was admired even by non-fans, but it was all over by the end of the 80s. Occasionally score a big comeback hit, but mainly sustained by nostalgia.

Barry Town are The Darkness.

All-conquering for a while, in their home market at least, but collapsed so rapidly that it's hard to believe that the good times actually happened and weren't just a dream. I could probably shoehorn a helicopter analogy in there too ("Growing On Me" video/John Fashanu's helipad).

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what could have prompted SR taking it that bit further.

-

-

[ 30.12.2007, 13:58: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Currently I think we're the sound of the bagpipes.

Tremendously stirring and exciting in it's correct fortress setting but taken out of it's home environment it's a truly awful, irritating, tortuous experience.

Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FC United are punk. Fuck Millwall. They're Oi, or whatever it was.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oldham Athletic would like to be the Arctic Monkeys. At the moment they're more like Northern Uproar.
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arctic is about right given the temperature inside Boundary Park.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snorebens
Member # 697

- posted      Profile for Snorebens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watford are like that Lou Reed album that totally consists of feedback
Posts: 421 | From: E8 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inter are Carlos Gardel.

Fiorentina would love to be Prince, but there is only so far one can take the colour comparison.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC