This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Have we done the inevitable yet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have we done the inevitable yet?
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reason why Berbatov's suddenly turned it on in December.

Spurs are a piddly club and I want out

quote:
Fans must understand Dimitar is 27 next month and time is running out for him to play for a club that can match his ambition.
My ambition is to play inside centre for Quins and England but at 31 and with a bust shoulder, I'm beginning to suspect it may not happen.

quote:
I would like to stress this is not about money. This is about sporting ambition.
But the big fat increase in pay would be nice.
Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Berbatov always plays better in the second half of the season, he has all his career. He's just (probably) never been so blatant as to score four goals in the (n/2+1)th match before.

[ 31.12.2007, 15:46: Message edited by: Toroweap Fault ]

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morgan
Member # 92

- posted      Profile for morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He won't be going anywhere this transfer window. Summer probably, but not January. I don't think Spurs will be selling any of the strikers just yet.
Posts: 2109 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno - I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Darren bent leaving.
Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Berbatov is gonna look good in red n white stripes tomorrow if we can shift Dwight Yorke and David Connolly.
Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Juande Ramos has tonight said that Berbatov is worth more than 30 million, i.e. the British transfer record would have to be broken to tempt him away from Spurs.

Imagine how much of a transfer fee he would command if he had any pace.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's the right figure in that he's worth two Darren Bents.

The underlying currency might be somewhat debased, though.

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The footballing equivalent of the Zimbabwean dollar.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Speaking to Bulgarian Nova TV, the striker said: "It's getting absurd. I'm fed up of seeing my name in the papers all the time. I think the papers went too far. It's obvious that the speculation will continue to the end but I wish the press would leave me alone. I just want to play my game."
THAT'LL BE BECAUSE YOUR AGENT IS STOKING IT, YOU PRICK.

Now sack him, or stop lying. And Spurs fans, boo him. It's this fucking shite which makes me want to shit blood through my eyes.

Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Imagine how much of a transfer fee he would command if he had any pace
Exactly. Best player outside the Champs League? He's a prettier David Healy, little more.
Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I do love the hilarious contradiction in this "'The media should leave me alone,' the striker told a large press gathering" bollocks.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The tabloids have got to fill space to sell papers, bless 'em. Brian Woolnough took up a good few column inches in the Star today telling Fabio Capello how to do his job. In amongst the insightful stuff about picking the right players for the team, not simply the best players, he made the bizarre plea that David Beckham should not be made captain for his 100th cap for "sentimental" reasons. Has anyone suggested that Beckham would be made captain? Has anyone even suggested that Beckham is certain to be picked again?
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moral Animal.
Member # 717

- posted      Profile for The Moral Animal.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Berbatov gave the interview to a Bulgarian magazine, didn't he? But yeah, he's missing the crucial point that it's his agent that's pimping him about.
Posts: 2235 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC