This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » alexi lalas for mvp, or the galaxian soccer 2008 thread (Page 28)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: alexi lalas for mvp, or the galaxian soccer 2008 thread
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I believe SocScrim has posted the first live video link ever on otf. And it's of Michael F'n Bradley.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, I am not a pioneer. It's just an animated GIF, and I am not even the first one to post those.

Pretty nice finish, though, wasn't it?

Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice finish, nice diagonal run, nice movement.
Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

And that's the first time I saw a footy animated gif.
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is not the first animation posted on OTF.

Here.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just when the schedule started to look good, the Galaxy go and schedule a friendly against Vancouver...in May.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

Well done reed.
goldstone97
Member # 4318

- posted      Profile for goldstone97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inca, word is the Galaxy are also playing AEK Athens in a friendly. In May. In Seattle.
Posts: 1418 | From: not the friendly confines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(climbs out on ledge)
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inca, can you explain to an MLS newbie exactly how the Galazy went from top of the division in 2005 to - well - this?
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

- posted      Profile for goldstone97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this is one of the funniest things I've read in a while. The official explanation for the Galaxy's involvement in the Pan-Pacific Championship from Sideline Views:

quote:
Incidentally, I heard an explanation last week about the participating teams. Supposedly it was to be the US champs (Houston), the Japanese champs (Gamba Osaka), an Australian team (Sydney FC) and the SuperLiga champs (Pachuca). But since Pachuca supposedly declined to participate, the SuperLiga runners-up were chosen to go, and thus we have the LA Galaxy.

Posts: 1418 | From: not the friendly confines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's wrong. The story I heard was that the fourth slot was reserved for a SUPER CLUB.
Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

That can't be right -- the Galaxy are a GLOBAL CLUB MEGA BRAND WORLDWIDE GLOBE WORLD FRANCHISE not just a SUPER CLUB
goldstone97
Member # 4318

AG:

-

Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

Ha.

Just to add to goldstone's explanation, I should point out that LA's championship in 2005 was a bit of a fluke. They barely made the playoffs.

Edit: nice title change. Is the name of the thread going to be your MLS mood ring, goldstone?

[ 11.02.2008, 22:23: Message edited by: Soccer Scrimmage ]

This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC