This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » alexi lalas for mvp, or the galaxian soccer 2008 thread (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: alexi lalas for mvp, or the galaxian soccer 2008 thread
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes, they are at different times, fair does, Mr Scotian.

AG - I didn't mean it like that, I do watch semi-pro football every week, so while the standard at TFC may not be world-class, it is likely a good bit higher than I'm used to.

Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, TonTon. I'm a mite sensitive these days, sorry. Going slightly mad waiting for the season to start as I missed the last two games what with my honeymoon and becoming hospitalized (the two events were only tangentially related) and all...Christ, it's been three and a half months since I've seen them and it's another thirteen weeks until the home opener (though in a mere eleven weeks I can travel to Columbus to see them). This off-season is too bloody long.
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

- posted      Profile for goldstone97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does seem tortuously long, doesn't it? I think it's not just the length, but the fact the rest of the world is playing and watching football, whilst we in North America aren't.

Still, at least it leaves me plenty of time for me to take some more cracks at TFC's playing style.

Posts: 1418 | From: not the friendly confines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We don't really have much of a close season here. We finish in the first week of May, and start playing pre-season friendlies halfway through July.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should see in Switzerland, league generally ends last week of may and restarts early July...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

Do you have a winter break, though?
goldstone97
Member # 4318

- posted      Profile for goldstone97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More on Billy Beane & moneyball in soccer. Interesting that it played a part in their pick-up of Guerrero (though I thought that was a no-brainer anyway).
Posts: 1418 | From: not the friendly confines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotian42
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Scotian42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got 11 weeks here in DC until we get to see our team play Harbor View from Jamaica in the Champions Cup.
Posts: 252 | From: The Before Time, in the Long, Long Ago | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jefe
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for jefe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TonTon: The whole schedule should be out by early March, at worst.

AG: You did purge your roster. Toronto dumped like 7 guys: Braz, the unspellable goalkeeper, Miguel Canizales, Marco Reda, Cristian Nunez, David Guzman, and Stephen Lumley.

Posts: 1511 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Still, at least it leaves me plenty of time for me to take some more cracks at TFC's playing style.
Hold it, buddy. Insulting Mo Johnston's style is quite clearly my job around here. You just stick to getting sued by Uzbeks, or I'm calling the union.

Jefe - Where'd you get that? I go to the website and those guys are all still there. I saw they were all left unprotected for the expansion draft, but that's not the same thing, is it? Also, I can't see how we can put Stamatopoulos on waivers since we don't actually own him anyways (he's on loan from Tromso)

[ 04.01.2008, 03:22: Message edited by: Antonio Gramsci ]

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

AG, I think we need to stop being so nice in the American Soccer thread for 2008. So I'll be regularly insulting Toronto for their playing style, Twellman for being Twellman, DC for their choking ability, New York for poaching our coach and still losing (again), and the Galaxy for...well, that one's too easy, isn't it?
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Choking ability? That's rich. Good thing it's the off season: you have a few months to come up with an insult for which we are actually guilty. Suggestions: being *too* awesome; hoarding trophies; unfairly playing dazzlingly-beautiful soccer.
Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jefe
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for jefe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You lost Pozniak in the expansion draft, btw.

I stole it from bigsoccer, here's the mlsnet release.. And not Stamatopolous, the other one. Srjdan Triplewordscore. By the way, is it possible for the soccer people of the Toronto Star to not completely suck?

CFKA Metro join the increasing number of teams to abandon ship on Santino Quaranta.

Posts: 1511 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

thanks jefe
sportinguista
Member # 1693

- posted      Profile for sportinguista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Designated player, designated player...Let free market reign supreme, you bunch of commies! Muahahahaha!
Posts: 995 | From: my Valladolid exile | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC