This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » alexi lalas for mvp, or the galaxian soccer 2008 thread (Page 53)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53   
Author Topic: alexi lalas for mvp, or the galaxian soccer 2008 thread
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I look forward to Gramsci's article.

Antonio, are you going down to Columbus? I heard you guys weren't content to bring 2,5000 people: you are going to be flying a banner, too. If your team ever gets any good, the hate for TFC is going to be off the charts.

Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jefe
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for jefe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mo's already gone as coach, right? It's Carver?

In the meanwhile, behold the new US away uniform at US Soccer. We wear black now.

Posts: 1511 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks blue.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jefe
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for jefe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's black or seriously dark gray to me.
Posts: 1511 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, compare with the women's shirt on the right side of the same page.
Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's the Schrödinger's cat of colors.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

I would say it's more the "black" of colors.
goldstone97
Member # 4318

- posted      Profile for goldstone97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, Carver. So I already won one category. Nice.

And he's not sounding too pleased with his team, after their abysmal Carolina Challenge showing:

quote:
"We're very, very, very disappointed," TFC head coach John Carver told mlsnet.com after the loss to Charleston. "In all my years in the game, that's the probably the worst performance I've ever seen. The only consolation is that there's no Marvell Wynne, no Maurice Edu and no Carl Robinson. To me that's the only consolation to take out of this game. I could be here a month trying to explaining that poor performance."

Posts: 1418 | From: not the friendly confines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm going on Saturday. Not doing the bus thing - me and a mate and my son are just heading down in car. 14 hours round trip. All I can say is - we'd better fucking win.

TFC's off-season has been an unmitigated disaster, as far as I'm concerned. Carver's signings aren't good enough for Luton, let alone MLS. I think we'll beat Columbus, but that could be the high-point of the season, though.

Re: Montreal. If the Saputo family is really trying to move the Impact up a level, they've picked a particularly low-key way to do it. The new stadium looks good, but it's on the small side (13.5k). I'm guessing they'd prefer to make money in USL than take a risk and move up a flight.

There's no point getting into the insane roster rules of MLS and how they apply to Canadian teams - suffice to say that you need about 7-8 domestic players, and good ones are hard to come by (this is why we do dumb shit like signing Kevin Harmse). This year, TFC was given an extra two international spots on the stipulation that they had to be American, so we're not at quite such a disadvantage. But if another Canadian team came in the league, the talent pool would be stretched pretty thin and there'd need to be another rule change.

Finally: SocScrim, if our travelling support causes irritation among other fans, all I can say is that jealousy is an ugly, ugly emotion.

[ 26.03.2008, 06:58: Message edited by: Antonio Gramsci ]

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC