This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Manche$ter (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Manche$ter
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't the details of the Nike-Man Utd deal, but the way these deals for "massive" clubs are usually structured is that the manufacturer guarantees the club a fixed annual royalty payment over the term of the contract, with the amount of that royalty being subject to increase in the event certain sales targets are hit and/or certain bonuses are triggered for titles and the like. Some contracts have downward adjustment clauses for failure to hit targets, relegation, etc., and there are also contracts that allow the manufacturer to terminate in such instances and/or at specified intervals (I remember reading that Nike had such an out with United at the beginning of this season).

There does, however, seem to be some confusion over who owns Manchester United Merchandising. The FT says that it is wholly owned by the plc, and it would have to be controlled for the revenues to be included in the plc's consolidated accounts, but a good deal of the fan commentary seems to believe that it belongs to Nike. I know who I trust more in such debate, but I wonder where the confusion has arisen.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PR7th Heaven
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for PR7th Heaven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What business rates are they charged by Salford Council?
No idea, but the ground is in Trafford, not Salford.
Posts: 906 | From: The other end of Stretford | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
MUFC is not MUFC or MU PLC. It is RED FOOTBALL.
 -
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know the name of Gillett and Hicks' company that controls Liverpool, Toro?

I'll give you a clue, it's very similar to Red Football.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's as may be. I just find the line, and the image, funny.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC