This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » AC Milan VS Arsenal, Champion League, second leg, 4th March, 2008 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: AC Milan VS Arsenal, Champion League, second leg, 4th March, 2008
Erichino
Member # 1240

- posted      Profile for Erichino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and two friends are buying tickets for this fixture tonight, if any OTFer have been to San Siro, please share your thought on which airport to use (Linate or Malpensa?), what to wear, what to say, where to eat etc...

Very much looking forward to this!

Posts: 185 | From: Small room | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ursus (or PPV) is your man on this.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Avoid Malpensa if at all possible (it is an hour outside the city and even more subject to strikes and delays than Linate, which is 15 minutes from the centre). If you are looking to save money, Bergamo (to which Ryanair flies) is no further away than Malpensa.

For food and lodging I need to know price ranges and what you like.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for reminding us. Have just bought mine.
Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for clothing, I would just wear what you normally wear. You are guaranteed to be poorly dressed by Milanese standards anyway (I am and I've lived here for three years) and we haven't had any recent incidents of people getting bothered for wearing colours, etc.

The local expectation, of course, is that you are going to set up shop in Piazza Duomo and drink over-priced crap beer out of plastic glasses all day. If you feel like conforming to that expectation, you may get your picture in the paper, and will have the experience of passing Milanese gawking at you as if you were in the zoo.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erichino
Member # 1240

- posted      Profile for Erichino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ursus, great tips, you saved us a lot of Google work. We are more foodies than beer boys, so wouldn't mind paying 30 - 40 euros a head for decent dinner, and would like to try out more down to earth local food with simple ingredients/ cooking during the day. We might need to find 1 hotel room as my exchange-year Milanese uni mate might not have enough floorspace.
Posts: 185 | From: Small room | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

I'll buy you top quality unusual panini at my local (3.30 each) for lunch (even though you are gooners).

I'll need to think about dinner a bit, as good post match dining isn't that simple, given the late start time and the fact that you are going to be held back for a while in the ground.

On lodgings, my suggestion would be too see what you can find on the web and pm me with the name. Milan can be a bear for hotels if there is a tradefair in town, but one night anywhere reasonably central shouldn't be that bad, though I would suggest staying away from small hotels in the direct vicinity of the railway station.

Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should all dress like Gunnersaurus Rex.

Forget a hotel room, all my Euro away experiences have found them nothing more than expensive luggage stores. Just drink through the night or sleep in the airport. Or as you're in Milan, get yourself arrested by the baton-happy carabinieri and board is provided free of charge by local rates payers.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erichino
Member # 1240

I support fluid sexy football, but Arsenal are the only team come close to be consistently doing so, otherwise I always root for the underdog and my country. My mate Tim is Man Utd, we went to 3 games this year and saw 3 goals caused by defensive errors, we are desperate to see a decent goal live, so come this desperate measure.

The third mate is a Gooner, so he can pay for his own panini.

[ 11.01.2008, 18:41: Message edited by: Erichino ]

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

You understand that Milan have scored four goals at home in the league all season, right?
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ericinho, what 3 games have you been to see?
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10 posts and no moan by wales fans of 'our san siro experience'

standards are slipping

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to recall Arsenal having a rather splendid time their last game in Milan....
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pretend Best Friend
Member # 3223

- posted      Profile for Pretend Best Friend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To echo the suggestion above about not staying in any hotels near the station

Here is a review a fellow OTFer wrote on the hotel we stayed in for the Italy v Wales game in Milan.

http://tinyurl.com/37umhk

A classic, I'm sure you'll agree

Posts: 408 | From: The Office, Slough | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

"I've stayed in better Turkish prisons" has to be one of the all time Trip Advisor classics.

I am SO sorry that I hadn't gotten here yet when you guys had that "experience".

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC