This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Newcastle United's new manager is... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: Newcastle United's new manager is...
Just Say No To Vorderman
Member # 1534

- posted      Profile for Just Say No To Vorderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
right...that's tomorrow sorted for me...taking photos of all my old keegan era shite to sell on ebay..the locals will go mental and buy anything again :-)
Posts: 1735 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that BBC piece it says:

quote:
Keegan was linked with a return to Newcastle in the summer as director of football after lifelong Magpies fan Mike Ashley took control of the club.
What struck me was the reference to Ashley being a fan of the club. I don't recall that ever being part of his schtick when buying the club - unusually for these kinds of things.
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now just for John Barnes to make a messianic return to Celtic, Vorderman.

Harry Carpenter, what song's lyrics are these on page 1? I think I should know them.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

If only the b-side would come true as well.

[ 16.01.2008, 18:23: Message edited by: Harry Carpenter ]

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
cotb - What about Elton Welsby?
I never thought he would be a good manager for Newcastle
Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geordie Mess?

Ah, sorry, heard that wrong.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a smashing blouse the Messiah has on, there.

That twat with the massive Keegan tattoo can show his face around Newcastle again now.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The tattoo's on his face?
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Or was it an Andy Cole tattoo?

So long ago I'm confused.

Anyway, back to the laughter...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, etc.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SR: nah, nor have I bounced up and down behind the camera on Sky Sports, taken my top off in the snow or pogo'd because I love the Toon.

I've never even lived in Newcastle.

My only concession to whatever the fuck 'fan culture' is supposed to be is that I'm wearing my lovely maroon-and-blue hooped away shirt.

Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

There was a guy who had an Andy Cole tattoo on his entire thigh weeks before he was sold and I am sure I remember a possibly apochryphal story some time later where he was "going to try and have it changed to Les Ferdinand".

[ 16.01.2008, 18:41: Message edited by: Harry Carpenter ]

Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

I like dogbeak, has anyone else welcomed him yet?

I don't normally like this kind of thing but, if not, Welcome dogbeak!

Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a whisper about Keegan last night but as the two previous bits of NUFC info hadnt materialised I didnt give em much creedence. BUT I did post it on the "Big Sam" thread.
Although one piece of info that I passed on to Ale may have been headed off by the possibility of KK returning.
The sugar puffs boycotts back on.

[ 16.01.2008, 18:57: Message edited by: Tyrannosaurus Alan ]

Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Ashleigh had any sense he'd get them back into the white collared "grand-dad" style shirt next season. It'll sell anyway but there gonna need a new sponsor soon as well.
At least KK cant have as much affect on them this time. Thank god.

Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Harry, but what is 'this kind of thing?'

I'm looking forward to at least a small sneer at the Bolton fan at my work who was imploring me to put money on Hughes to Newcastle, and Allardyce to replace him at Blackburn.

(edit: anyone who likes a laugh at the clownish Geordie stereotypes they believe in so much should probably get Five Live on right now.)

[ 16.01.2008, 19:09: Message edited by: dogbeak ]

Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC